NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

Illinois smartly hires Dee Brown for a summer position. In the AD's office for now, presumably grooming him for a bigger role next year when he's done playing. I think that'd be great for him to be the face of the school again for sports.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 11:36 AM)
Illinois smartly hires Dee Brown for a summer position. In the AD's office for now, presumably grooming him for a bigger role next year when he's done playing. I think that'd be great for him to be the face of the school again for sports.

Good start, hopefully he replaces one of the current assistants soon. I have not been impressed with any of them thus far, Walker's St. Louis connects have done nothing, Ford's Canada connects have fallen flat. Parham seems like the only decent recruiter, even there he hasn't been stellar.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
SportsCenter @SportsCenter

Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan will retire after next season. Ryan is 357-125 in his 14 seasons with the Badgers.

The foul call bias is gonna be twice as bad this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Teki Gill Caesar transferring.

Just a disaster start for Kim Anderson. We knew transfers were coming, we assumed it would be the disgruntled 3 stars, instead it was the seemingly happy 4-5 stars.

Basically every thing that happened last summer that made me think Kim Anderson could succeed has failed spectacularly under his guidance.

I'm being too hard a bit, he took over a team at a weird spot, with pressure to keep adding players that didn't match his style. But it's also his fault he still could not attract a big man for his offense.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
Rumors now flying Tracy Abrams is hurt again, no idea how bad or what type of injury but jesus f***ing christ, the basketball gods do not want Illinois to be good again.

Again?

I kid, I kid.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
Ha it's been long enough.

Abrams tore his acl again, ugh why couldn't we just get a pg.

Sucks for Groce, but he should still lose his job if he misses the tourney.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:37 PM)
Sucks for Groce, but he should still lose his job if he misses the tourney.

I still love Groce but yes this, if he doesn't he needs to go. Would be a huge blow for the program to have to start over.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
Achilles I saw. Shut the door on that guys bball career.

Feel awful for Tracy. By all reports, an extremely hard worker, high character kid.

For me, Groce's job status is impacted by a number of factors - you can't just look at Tournament or No. I will question his long term standing at Illinois if I see Tate and LaTullip sharing ball handling duties for 40 minutes a night. Groce has a lot of talent at the wing, let's see what Jordan, JCL or DJ Williams can do as a primary ball handler. Might take some lumps early on, but it's in the program's best interest to shift somebody over who might excel in the long run rather than chasing wins early on with Tate for 30 and LaTullip for 10.

So, Xavier Sneed does not have Mizzou in top 5 after widely assumed him and tyler cook were really likely Mizzou targets. Missou ri has a lot of future NBA talent in the next 2 years, and Missouri likely to miss on all of them. It has continued to be a disaster reign for Kim Anderson. The "true son" hand-picked by the good ole boy boosters may singlehandedly destroy this program in to a Kansas Football like level.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
Feel awful for Tracy. By all reports, an extremely hard worker, high character kid.

For me, Groce's job status is impacted by a number of factors - you can't just look at Tournament or No. I will question his long term standing at Illinois if I see Tate and LaTullip sharing ball handling duties for 40 minutes a night. Groce has a lot of talent at the wing, let's see what Jordan, JCL or DJ Williams can do as a primary ball handler. Might take some lumps early on, but it's in the program's best interest to shift somebody over who might excel in the long run rather than chasing wins early on with Tate for 30 and LaTullip for 10.

I bet DJ Williams gets a lot of PG time. He was a point-forward his senior year.

They'll be a bubble team. Unless Hill goes for 20 a night, they'll miss out i'm sure. Quentin Snyder's signing day de-commit hurts more and more every season.