NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
Whoa Grandstaff, that's a pretty big loss.

Him and Elijah Thomas (Texas A&M) are transferring, wouldn't be surprised if it was to a place like Okie St.

Just freeing up Kobi's scholly. Kid went off to school with an infant at home and a crazy dad who thinks he should be starting. I bet he transfers at least one more time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
Dakich is disgracing himself today calling the IU game. Has no right to call a player selfish for every poor play.

It's gotten to a point where I'm shocked a PC company like ESPN still employs him. He viciously calls out kids a lot, it feels like.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
Dakich is disgracing himself today calling the IU game. Has no right to call a player selfish for every poor play.

He was definitely over the top, but I'd have a bigger problem with it if I didn't think selfishness was a big issue for this IU team.

WTF happened in this game. I was at Star Wars, checked the score right before the movie and ND was up 16. Come out of the movie, check the final and see that ND lost by 7!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 08:12 AM)
WTF happened in this game. I was at Star Wars, checked the score right before the movie and ND was up 16. Come out of the movie, check the final and see that ND lost by 7!

IU closed the game on a 17-2 run. We switched to a 1-3-1 zone and Auguste and Colson, particularly, had trouble with it.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
Wednesday should be a real barn burner

And to reiterate for both programs, we are both awful during a time where some of the best talent maybe ever is leaving the STL/Columbia area.

Kim Anderson was the worst hire possible. This is a 4-5 year hole. I like a lot of these players but I have no idea what the hell he is doing.

Denzel Valentine out 2-3 weeks with knee injury. I hate him but that's too bad. Was having great year. MSU screwed.

He's only out 2-3 weeks. So they lose a couple more games than they would have. Not a huge deal, unless he never gets back to 100%.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 07:43 AM)
He's only out 2-3 weeks. So they lose a couple more games than they would have. Not a huge deal, unless he never gets back to 100%.

I think its worse than they are saying, but it also gives them a chance to win without him which could be valuable. I've never known a knee surgery that was only 2 weeks out and then fully healed.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 07:43 AM)

From my personal experience, it takes awhile to totally get over even the smallest of knee surgeries. Mentally and physically. He's already not that explosive of a player.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 08:29 AM)
I think its worse than they are saying, but it also gives them a chance to win without him which could be valuable. I've never known a knee surgery that was only 2 weeks out and then fully healed.

Different sport, but Brandon Scherff an Iowa lineman last year, had his knee scoped and missed one practice.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
From my personal experience, it takes awhile to totally get over even the smallest of knee surgeries. Mentally and physically. He's already not that explosive of a player.

That would make it easier, IMO. He's not relying on his body/knees to do freakishly athletically things, so it would be easier to trust them after surgery.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
Different sport, but Brandon Scherff an Iowa lineman last year, had his knee scoped and missed one practice.

Knee scope seems so vague. Noah had his knee scoped and was horrible for a season.