NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 3, 2016 -> 05:29 PM)
Both teams being in the bonus 6:30 into a half is just ridiculous. I hate cbb officiating and they need to stop giving them more power.

I didn't think they were that bad. Illinois was smart and came out aggressive on D against a team that doesn't shoot free throws very well. You expect a ton of fouls out of how they were playing.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 3, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
Alex Austin hasn't been able to stay in front of anyone all game and Groce brings him in there to play defense late. Makes sense.

That's been all season. He's a truly awful defender who is an absolute black hole on offense. It's hilarious. Hope he keeps playing. Need to lose every game from here on out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
I didn't think they were that bad. Illinois was smart and came out aggressive on D against a team that doesn't shoot free throws very well. You expect a ton of fouls out of how they were playing.

I have more of a problem with the current style of calling the game then anything. Honestly illinois should never be fouled. They have no bigs and chuck 3s like they're going out of style. For them to be in the bonus at all is a miracle.

Who else watched any of the KU/OU game? I only caught most of regulation, missed the OT's and the end (and beginning) of regulation.

Sure seemed to me (and I have no horse in this race) that KU was getting a lot of favorable help from the officiating crew. And were playing at home. I feel pretty confident this Oklahoma team is better than Kansas.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 08:27 AM)
Who else watched any of the KU/OU game? I only caught most of regulation, missed the OT's and the end (and beginning) of regulation.

Sure seemed to me (and I have no horse in this race) that KU was getting a lot of favorable help from the officiating crew. And were playing at home. I feel pretty confident this Oklahoma team is better than Kansas.

I got the opposite impression of the teams. OU is more of a one man show, while KU is a better and deeper team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
I got the opposite impression of the teams. OU is more of a one man show, while KU is a better and deeper team.

Hield is a monster and they are definitely more dominated by a single player. But OU also worked better as a team, in my view, and made the right use of the rest of the lineup. Kansas seemed too loose, and frankly, not as well coached. If OU gets more equal calls during regulation, it never goes to OT.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
Hield is a monster and they are definitely more dominated by a single player. But OU also worked better as a team, in my view, and made the right use of the rest of the lineup. Kansas seemed too loose, and frankly, not as well coached. If OU gets more equal calls during regulation, it never goes to OT.

They just seemed like a team that will be way easier to beat come March. Most of the time you had 1 or 2 players on the floor for OU who had no interest in having the ball in their hands.

I will agree there were a couple of big missed calls, such as the blocked shot through the net that was an easy goaltend.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
So NW must've played a super easy schedule.

They did. Speaking of super easy schedules, going to Carbondale on Saturday for the first time in 3 years to watch SIU-Wichita in the battle of 3-0 Valley teams. I'm pumped.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
They did. Speaking of super easy schedules, going to Carbondale on Saturday for the first time in 3 years to watch SIU-Wichita in the battle of 3-0 Valley teams. I'm pumped.

Rumor has it they got approval from the administration to sell standing room tickets for the first time ever. After going to every home game during the 2008-2012 massacre it's really fun watching this team. Really fighting the urge to drive 5 hours for this one.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
Rumor has it they got approval from the administration to sell standing room tickets for the first time ever. After going to every home game during the 2008-2012 massacre it's really fun watching this team. Really fighting the urge to drive 5 hours for this one.

This surprises me, I thought the game vs Indiana had standing room, there were a few Creighton games that were crazy sold out too