NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
When I saw the crowd of teams that was at LaLumiere to recruit him, I was pretty surprised to hear that he was considered a favorite to Illinois. Unless he has a buddy he wants to play with, he has some big time offers coming in.

This completely fake "support" for Groce from Whitman is clearly a result of Groce's struggles recruiting. No one wants to play for a lame duck coach.

There's a really good chance Groce is still a lame duck.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 08:50 PM)
This completely fake "support" for Groce from Whitman is clearly a result of Groce's struggles recruiting. No one wants to play for a lame duck coach.

There's a really good chance Groce is still a lame duck.

We just spent well over 10 million dollars canning Thomas/Beckman/Cubit and hiring Lovie and very expensive satff. It's the only reason Groce is still there. I mean that amount matches the revenue sports spending from like the last 3 years combined.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
Literally every single UK player who can declare for the draft is doing so.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/16879...adbpr=595667888

That's not a huge deal with the new rules that let players wait until after the combine. It makes sense for guys who are remotely in consideration to declare (but not hire an agent) and test the waters at the combine.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
You're the first person I thought of when I saw that. That's kind of sad ha.

He's a great person and did wonders for GT's academic progress....but he was so out-classed in the ACC. He'd be a great fit for someone like Bradley.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 26, 2016 -> 02:46 AM)
Is today the best day of your life? Other than the yearly date the Cubs are eliminated from WS contention

It was until I heard they want a young, cheap leader of men and I thought of Drake LaRoche

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 05:43 PM)
AJ Harris probably leaving as well.

Wow, so with Grandstaff that would be 3 of the 5 recruits from last year's class leaving. Any reason for it? Pretty shocked that Lyle outlasted anybody in that class much less 3 other recruits.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 05:55 PM)
Wow, so with Grandstaff that would be 3 of the 5 recruits from last year's class leaving. Any reason for it? Pretty shocked that Lyle outlasted anybody in that class much less 3 other recruits.

Playing time. 3 top tier big men coming in as well as a few more guards and the writing apparently is on the wall. Giddens is terrible offensively and both guys coming in can play. Harris thought he was the only PG or Lyle was one and done when they added him super late. Matta already put out two offers to PG's in the last few weeks as well as looking at a grad transfer.

Grandstaff left because he got a girl knocked up right before he left.

Edited by RockRaines