NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
Jeff Capel to GT? That's pretty meh if so

Most GT sources don't think it's true. I don't think he's a great coach by any means, but his recruiting ability at a place like GT should be insane. I believe it's between Drew and Capel at this point.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
Add Mickey Mitchell to the list of transfers from Ohio State. That makes it officially 3/5 of the freshman class. Harris would be 4 if that happens. Wtf.

Harris is probably gone too, amazing. Apparently these guys didnt get along very much huh. Well, bring in another class.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
Supposedly there are rumors that UI is going to have Tilmon on campus tomorrow.

Not him, last I heard

Alex Roux ‏@aroux94

LaLu HC Shane Heirman tells me Tilmon won't be on campus before team's tourney trip to NY tomorrow. Illini still preparing for Wed. visitor

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
Not him, last I heard

Alex Roux ‏@aroux94

LaLu HC Shane Heirman tells me Tilmon won't be on campus before team's tourney trip to NY tomorrow. Illini still preparing for Wed. visitor

I was just gonna come and edit that, thank you for that.

Wonder who the visitor is? Finke? Goodwin? Hopefully it's Goodwin.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
Harris is probably gone too, amazing. Apparently these guys didnt get along very much huh. Well, bring in another class.

It does kind of make sense. The team never truly gelled. Watching them and watching the Bulls all year there was a similar feel the whole time.

Open up scholarships to bring in better players. I saw the transfer from New Mexico is set to visit in April. I still think this team makes the tournament next year if Lyle stays and Thompson doesn't keep his name in the draft.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
It does kind of make sense. The team never truly gelled. Watching them and watching the Bulls all year there was a similar feel the whole time.

Open up scholarships to bring in better players. I saw the transfer from New Mexico is set to visit in April. I still think this team makes the tournament next year if Lyle stays and Thompson doesn't keep his name in the draft.

Well they kept the most talented one. Good riddance, if you think you should start as a freshman and leave when the coaches don't agree so be it. Get some better players in who want to develop.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 05:43 AM)
ND's Jackson going pro. Hard to see another Elite 8 run without him.

With the new rules, most kids should declare and see how they get evaluated at the combine. To me, Jackson isn't ready, so he may still come back. But I've been wrong before.

With the new rules, most kids should declare and see how they get evaluated at the combine. To me, Jackson isn't ready, so he may still come back. But I've been wrong before.

He's said he's hiring an agent though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 04:24 PM)
Good for Spike. I hope he does well!

Mark Snyder ‏@Mark__Snyder 1h1 hour ago

Updated: Spike Albrecht transferring to finish on 'own terms', restricted from Big Ten, '16/'17 opponents http://on.freep.com/1MybhTx

Didn't he quit for the sake of his long term health?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
Didn't he quit for the sake of his long term health?

Im sure that was the story he told. If he was so crappy and unhealthy why would Beilein not let him transfer to schools within conference?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:11 AM)
Im sure that was the story he told. If he was so crappy and unhealthy why would Beilein not let him transfer to schools within conference?

Cuz he saw how much Biefledt helped Indiana? I would've rather they let Spike stay here but they're high on Simpson coming in.