NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
Seen some rumors Coleman-Lands out for season

Nothing official yet but yeah, doesn't sound good. It is always great to lose 3 out of your top 8 players before the season even begins. They've gone from a team that would have looked something like:

PG: Abrams/JCL/Tate (well this is what I would have done but Groce likely would have still played Tate 10 minutes a game)

SG: Nunn/JCL/Jordan

SF: Hill/Williams

PF: Black/Paul/Finke

C: Thorne/Paul/Morgan

to:

PG: Lewis/Tate (both suck, don't care which plays)

SG: Nunn/Jordan

SF: Hill/Williams

PF: Black/Finke

C: Thorne/Morgan

The former team isn't a great team but its a very solid team and a tourney team. The latter is going to need Hill, Nunn and Black to all be really damn good consistently to make it as they won't have any depth and the PG position will be a trainwreck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2h2 hours ago

SMU hit with postseason ban and Larry Brown suspended for 30 percent (about 9-10 games), sources told ESPN. Story: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball...cent-team-games

In addition to the previously reported penalties, Larry Brown was hit with a show-cause for failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
I mean, the report that they should have been able to create but for some reason stole information from the criminal investigation and thus could not use.

Right but it was never created, and the team investigating illegally obtained it. The SMU report is pretty damning.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
I'm not saying SMU was innocent, I'm just saying it's funny how SMU has twice now been the one school the NCAA could throw the hammer down on.

I mean, they hired Brown who has left NCAA problems in his wake and then he did what he always does.

Apparently, there was substantial friction between Hoiberg and his program, and the ISU Athletic department as a whole.

I have always appreciated that Iowa State doesn't bend as far as other significant DI programs on academics (though they still bend), but the nickel and diming for the department's biggest money-make seems awfully petty. Makes it less surprising Hoiberg left, though he may have anyway.

Also not encouraging for the program's continued success.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
Apparently, there was substantial friction between Hoiberg and his program, and the ISU Athletic department as a whole.

I have always appreciated that Iowa State doesn't bend as far as other significant DI programs on academics (though they still bend), but the nickel and diming for the department's biggest money-make seems awfully petty. Makes it less surprising Hoiberg left, though he may have anyway.

Also not encouraging for the program's continued success.

I think there was a lot of fiction in the story. Hoiberg replied yesterday he had the utmost respect for the AD.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 12:21 AM)
Louisville fans already saying pics of the girl with players don't mean anything lol

Well it's something that's been going on in SEC football recruiting for a long time. Though they call them "hostesses"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 08:37 AM)
Well it's something that's been going on in SEC football recruiting for a long time. Though they call them "hostesses"

I just assumed this was one of those things that went on to some degree at every Power 5 school.

I just assumed this was one of those things that went on to some degree at every Power 5 school.

Most schools aren't dumb enough to have a money trail going directly from an assistant coach to a prostitute.

Pitino and Jurich probably both gone over this.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
I'm not saying SMU was innocent, I'm just saying it's funny how SMU has twice now been the one school the NCAA could throw the hammer down on.

You know what they say, the NCAA was so mad at Syracuse and UNC that they brought the hammer down on SMU