Micah Johnson sent to Charlotte AAA

Downtown518

Interesting the Levine article specifically mentioned how much time Ventura was working with Micah on his defense.

Now you have "more hands on" (which flies in the face of spending too much time with individual players) and now no more Johnson. Maybe he was Robin's pet project and Ventura can go back to the bigger picture of managing the entire roster and remembering Bonifacio's on the roster?

Whose decision was this, ultimately?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:37 AM)
Interesting the Levine article specifically mentioned how much time Ventura was working with Micah on his defense.

Now you have "more hands on" (which flies in the face of spending too much time with individual players) and now no more Johnson. Maybe he was Robin's pet project and Ventura can go back to the bigger picture of managing the entire roster and remembering Bonifacio's on the roster?

Robin has more than enough time to think of the big picture and work with a player on his defense. Working with a player is time before games. He has plenty of time at that time, before and after games for the big picture. They sit around in that office for a lot of time throughout the day and night.

GM gets the final say in the roster but the GM rarely goes against what the manager wants.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 15, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
GM gets the final say in the roster but the GM rarely goes against what the manager wants.

you are right, but in this quasi pseudo environment of the sox FO. who knows who is making the decisions.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ May 14, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
What are you talking about? Sanchez is hitting .352 in the month of May.

It's common knowledge that Sanchez has been tearing up AAA since his demotion, though he's cooled off lately, has an unsustainable BABiP, and rarely walks.

Not sure what you are talking about. He tore up AAA in April. Sanchez is 10/45 in May for a .222 BA w no walks. His average in May has dropped from .407 to .344 in two weeks.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
Not sure what you are talking about. He tore up AAA in April. Sanchez is 10/45 in May for a .222 BA w no walks. His average in May has dropped from .407 to .344 in two weeks.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx?playe...-13&season=

Sanchez is 19 for 57 in May (.352). He had nine hits in the first two games. I think maybe you're looking at a "Last 10" split or something.

It ultimately doesn't make that much of a difference.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:25 AM)
for the diehard. are you willing to sacrifice the offense at second for defense this yr???

If this offense starts to hit like they should then yes, I would. Micah wasn't setting the world on fire though.

Edited by Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 15, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
In the White Sox organization the FO tells the manager what's going on. Robin's opinion is surely considered, but at the end of the day, it's Hahn making the decision who is starting/who is on the roster.

is it me and my dislike on the way the sox do things or does this sound like a dysfunctional way of doing things???

i mean i want to know the truth, no matter how bad it is. convince me.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
is it me and my dislike on the way the sox do things or does this sound like a dysfunctional way of doing things???

i mean i want to know the truth, no matter how bad it is. convince me.

Rv works at the pleasure of his bosses, including Hahn. The Sox might well have a dysfunctional FO but IMO this isn't a clear example of it.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:58 AM)
In the White Sox organization the FO tells the manager what's going on. Robin's opinion is surely considered, but at the end of the day, it's Hahn making the decision who is starting/who is on the roster.

So you just admitted Robin is a puppet.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)

Only if you think all people who work for someone else are puppets. Do you run your own business? If not, your logic makes you a puppet, since you must have a boss at your job.

Robin works for Rick. It's that simple. Rick, if he's an effective manager, listens to Robin's views and takes them into account. But when they disagree, Rick rules. That's the way it works in any company.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)

Not really. Rick Hahn's job is to do what is necessary to win a world series. That's it. If he thinks that Micah Johnson going back to Charlotte to work on his defense gets the White Sox closer to a championship, then he should send him down regardless of what the manager thinks. I'm pretty sure Ventura will be fine with the better defense at 2B though. They made some additions on offense but this team will win because of its starting pitching and late relief. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Sanchez at 2B and Beckham at 3B quite often because they just can't sacrifice the defense everywhere with the way they are built.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)

He's cooled down as of late, but I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.

1ev09z.jpg

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
Only if you think all people who work for someone else are puppets. Do you run your own business? If not, your logic makes you a puppet, since you must have a boss at your job.

Robin works for Rick. It's that simple. Rick, if he's an effective manager, listens to Robin's views and takes them into account. But when they disagree, Rick rules. That's the way it works in any company.

And thank goodness. Ozzie was rumored to have demanded some of "his guys" on the 25 man roster. f*** that. The manager works for the GM, not the other way around.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 15, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)

i really have to disagree and here is why. the manager, by all practical purpose runs the team that you see on the field. which is including making the daily roster and if a player is not cutting it.

the general manager take any additional input for across all levels and then address what is needed for the org, this is thru FA, trades, or waiver pickups.

lets think of it this way, do you think a mike scioscia, if he was applying for the coaches position, will take that crap from the FO???

QUOTE (LDF @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
i really have to disagree and here is why. the manager, by all practical purpose runs the team that you see on the field. which is including making the daily roster and if a player is not cutting it.

the general manager take any additional input for across all levels and then address what is needed for the org, this is thru FA, trades, or waiver pickups.

lets think of it this way, do you think a mike scioscia, if he was applying for the coaches position, will take that crap from the FO???

He'd better, or he won't have a job.

I wanted Micah on roster.

Micah showed great promise with bat on an otherwise struggling horrible offense.

Micah was truly horrible on defense, on a team with a struggling horrible offense.

Micah now gets to go down knowing he can hack it offensively (which is much better than most of our prospects) but needs to work on footwork.

I'm pleased with that situation.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ May 15, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
He's cooled down as of late, but I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.

1ev09z.jpg

Look at your post. In his last 10 games going back to 5/3 he has hit .222.