GAME THREAD 5/15 - SOX @ OAK

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 16, 2015 -> 12:44 AM)
Lost my feed, what happened?

Crisp doubled to LCF gap with Vogt on first. Eaton hits Alexei with a good cut. Alexei throws home, but Jose cuts it and gets Vogt caught between third and home. Run down was easy, Sox win.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2015 -> 12:45 AM)
Sox and Cubs both win today in inexplicable fashion.

Crisp was hitting .031 and only one hit on the season.

Now he has two...

I hope nothing's actually wrong with Robertson. He pitched a lot in Milwaukee, but you'd think he would have been able to pitch today with the day off we got yesterday.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 16, 2015 -> 12:46 AM)
If his hand hit it he would have been out. He just had a bad play all around.

I know. I meant he didn't want to possibly run too much and get winded. He's not in the greatest of shape.

David Robertson was held out of a save opportunity Friday against the Athletics.

Zach Duke instead pitched the ninth for his first save, barely escaping when a rundown between home and third accounted for the final out. That Robertson didn't pitch or even warm up certainly suggests an injury or illness was involved.

Per Rotoworld

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 16, 2015 -> 01:01 AM)
InFrickingcredible. I turned it off because it's Oakland lol. Glad to see we came back for once. 3 game winning streak!

Hey, at least I didn't turn it off. Just put it on my computer while watching Shark Tank

Manager Robin Ventura said David Robertson was given Friday off simply because of his heavy workload earlier this week.

Robertson pitched Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so Ventura explained that he thought a second straight day off was needed Friday. That doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing physical going on -- Robertson did have some forearm soreness this spring -- but hopefully it just was the rest issue.

Per Rotoworld