Potential Trade Targets

Jose Abreu

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
If our good play continues and we're hovering around/over the .500 mark, I'm sure Hahn will look to add a player or two. That said, who do you think we can realistically acquire and at what cost?

Right now I would be looking at the rosters of Oakland, Boston, and Colorado.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
Too early for this thread but Aramis Ramirez makes a bunch of sense for the Sox, Brewers and Ramirez himself.

Imagine the possibilities... "Ground ball to the left side, gets past the diving Ramirez, Ramirez backends tosses it over to first and makes the nice back handed play." or "Ramirez lines one into right, Ramirez looking to take third and he will. A two out single by Ramirez keeps it going."

mmmmm my ding ding dong

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
Too early for this thread but Aramis Ramirez makes a bunch of sense for the Sox, Brewers and Ramirez himself.

Imagine the possibilities... "Ground ball to the left side, gets past the diving Ramirez, Ramirez backhands tosses it over to first and makes the nice back handed play." or "Ramirez lines one into right, Ramirez looking to take third and he will. A two out single by Ramirez keeps it going."

Maybe we should just go for Beltre to avoid... that.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
I will say that I don't think Lucroy should be our C target. I like his game but the age/injury flags might not be worth the prospects. We might just have to ride it out with this roster....ride it out right to the world series!

I've read that Milwaukee won't be trading lucroy

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
Sonny Gray.

A rotation of Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Gray and Rodon with Danks as the long man would have me giddy.

I'd trade Danish, Montas, Hawkins and Micah or Sanchez for him.

The Sox would be hard pressed to find a package for Gray. He's young and controllable and exactly what the rebuilding A's need. If the Sox offered a packaged with Anderson, Danish, and Montas, I'm still not convinced the A's would move Sonny. Sticking with the A's as trade partners, A guy like Zobrist to play third and play around the diamond makes a ton of sense.

Edited by Kevtrem

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
Sonny Gray.

A rotation of Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Gray and Rodon with Danks as the long man would have me giddy.

I'd trade Danish, Montas, Hawkins and Micah or Sanchez for him.

Gray will stay in Oakland for a while, they have no reason to move him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Besides catcher, I actually think biggest need is a power righty set up man

We have two or three of those guys rehabbing in the minors in Jones, Crain and Lindstrom (bit of a stretch on the last one). Albeit, I'd be shocked if we see Crain in the bigs again - but I don't really think that will be Rick's targeted area.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Besides catcher, I actually think biggest need is a power righty set up man

This. Im not pissed about 3B really. Those guys can stir. Flowers can take a dump in the punch bowl and that's about it. But it's C and he's Flo & I don't mind.

So yea dude, shut down power RH setup would be top of the list. Nice point.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 19, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
We have two or three of those guys rehabbing in the minors in Jones, Crain and Lindstrom (bit of a stretch on the last one). Albeit, I'd be shocked if we see Crain in the bigs again - but I don't really think that will be Rick's targeted area.

Don't forget that we're also down Matt Albers thanks to the fight.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ May 19, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
Aramis Ramirez does make to much sense. Brewers are going nowhere this year, Ram at end of career. Probably wont cost a ton. Our biggest weak spot is the hot corner. Why not Rick

He's only hitting .125 vs lefties

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
That's being judged based on 17 PA. Last season he hit .327 with a 1.024 OPS against lefties. (Hell that actually would make him a tolerable platoon partner with Gillaspie and LaRoche).

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ May 19, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
He's only hitting .125 vs lefties

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
Tulo has 2 walks in over 120 plate appearances and is hurting again. He is a guy who won't be able to live up to the expectations when he is traded.

He's got a 10% career walk rate over his prior 4000PA, so we should probably wait a little longer than 120PA to draw conclusions about his diminished ability to take walks. Him not having a great start is the only reason he'd be available/affordable for us.

That said, I don't think we'd win the bidding and it would be hella risky, indeed. I can't make a strong case, but it would still be a TON of fun.