Astros have scouted Samardjiza

southsider2k5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this a couple weeks ago, Dave Cameron mentioned it on Fangraphs.

If a deal were to happen and if I was Rick Hahn, I would ask for Lance McCullers in any deal. That would provide the Sox with a nice RHP to put in the rotation, and a power arm. His ceiling is a #2 but he can be a way above average #3 or back end guy.

But things are going well for the Sox at the moment.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 24m24 minutes ago #Astros have scouted Jeff Samardzija, who may become available at the deadline: http://sbnation.com/e/8390668?utm_campaign..._source=twitter

What were the odds you would read that sentence back in March?

Don't see where the Padres can afford to trade Norris when he's playing so well and turn over the position in the middle of the season to an unproven rookie, no matter how highly touted Hedges is.

Seems like an off-season move.

Kind of the same debate the Cubs must be having internally about dealing Castro mid-season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 20, 2015 -> 01:02 AM)
Good, scout him. You never know when the season could turn sour again, may as well start making some connections.

I'd like 3B Colin Moran and OF Derek Fisher are two realistic guys I'd love to get back.

Why not just go for Domingo Santana or Tucker (one of them) while you're at it...?

Tucker and Moran seems not too far off.

Or Singleton (with 75-85% of his salary subsidized) and Moran OR Tucker.

Wonder if any potential contract negotiations will come into play here, although Samardjiza and his agent would most likely wait til the off-season.

I don't mind the idea of a trade, if you get some real good young pieces back that are ready to contribute now, especially on the pitching side of things.