Garcia scratched with sore knee

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2015 -> 01:11 AM)
I agree, said so at the time, and now emit a loud "sigh" aimed at the person making the lineups who didn't do that.

Same thing I suggested pre game after he had to come out. It is one of the things I thought Ozzie handled well, keeping guys problems small not letting them get bigger. I understand if we were last two weeks in contention but were not there. Oz was good about keeping them out a game after they said they were good to go just to protect the player from himself.

I am not advocating anything re oz just an example of different style

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ May 23, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
Same thing I suggested pre game after he had to come out. It is one of the things I thought Ozzie handled well, keeping guys problems small not letting them get bigger. I understand if we were last two weeks in contention but were not there. Oz was good about keeping them out a game after they said they were good to go just to protect the player from himself.

I am not advocating anything re oz just an example of different style

I don't think the decisions relating to the handling of Garcia are simply up to Robin. We're talking about the company ferrari here. It would be short-sighted to think RH, KW, RV & HS weren't all involved here immediately.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ May 23, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
No Monday after walking (non swing) in the ninth inning he got to first and asked out.

If your leg is so sore you need to ask out of a game you shouldn't be playing in another 18 hours later.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
If your leg is so sore you need to ask out of a game you shouldn't be playing in another 18 hours later.

He didn't ask out but facts shouldn't come into play, as I am sure the front office and training staff told Robin he needed to sit, and he just ignored them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
He didn't ask out but facts shouldn't come into play, as I am sure the front office and training staff told Robin he needed to sit, and he just ignored them.

And of course, he's 1/11 at the plate since he was pulled from the game Monday with 5 K's.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
And of course that is all because of his knee, yet he hurt his knee in Oakland and did fine on Sunday.

Manager Robin Ventura said Garcia initially tweaked his knee over the weekend in Oakland — it didn’t stop him from ripping a two-run homer in the ninth inning Sunday — and aggravated it in working that walk against Indians reliever Zach McAllister.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2015 -> 11:36 AM)
And of course that is all because of his knee, yet he hurt his knee in Oakland and did fine on Sunday.

Yea man. What's really funny about this thread is all the people acting like resting him a day after the walk was common sense. So yea, duh, our FO obviously thought of that, thank you for your hindsight, now please clear the space.

Garcia is a good player. He needs to learn to settle down just a bit IMO. Can you imagine if he was a bit more selective at the plate? His defense? I haven't watched enough games to say he's a disaster out there. To the experts ... is he adequate in rf or is he a disaster defensively?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
Garcia is a good player. He needs to learn to settle down just a bit IMO. Can you imagine if he was a bit more selective at the plate? His defense? I haven't watched enough games to say he's a disaster out there. To the experts ... is he adequate in rf or is he a disaster defensively?

Currently he's a disaster out there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)

Avi is not a disaster. Just a little rough around the edges. He'll get better, plus he can hit. Leave him alone.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2015 -> 01:34 AM)

Damn, u just can't win baseball games with bad leftfielder, bad rightfielder, lousy armed centerfielder, lousy armed catcher, horrific defender at third and first. Just can't do it. I'd say two games over .500 is this team's high water mark, 25 below .500 is the low water mark. Will prolly finish about 12 below .500.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 24, 2015 -> 10:46 PM)
Think I read on here that his WAR numbers came back to the positive side , not sure if that was because of his D , offense or a combination of both but I wouldn't classify him as a disaster in RF.

Avi has been a below average fielder and a below average baserunner this year. He's been a slightly positive player because he's been effective with the bat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
Damn, u just can't win baseball games with bad leftfielder, bad rightfielder, lousy armed centerfielder, lousy armed catcher, horrific defender at third and first. Just can't do it. I'd say two games over .500 is this team's high water mark, 25 below .500 is the low water mark. Will prolly finish about 12 below .500.

Melky isn't a bad LF and Eaton has a strong arm. Actually, all 3 OF arms are strong. I agree that the team is bad defensively at 3B, 1B, RF, and C though overall. I'd play LaRoche at 1B as much as possible with Beckham at 3B until they can possibly upgrade.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)

This post proves you have no idea what you're talking about.