White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is not the environment for this but Len Kasper was talking on the SCORE yesterday about how the cubs are focusing on taking pitches and would rather a hitter strike out on a borderline pitch than swing at a pitch two feet out of the strike zone.

I thought this was what Todd was to bring to the organization, some sort of philosophy?

It is working for the cubs, the WHite Sox have nothing working for them in regard to organizational philosophy as it pertains to hitting or defense.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 27, 2015 -> 06:28 PM)
I know this is not the environment for this but Len Kasper was talking on the SCORE yesterday about how the cubs are focusing on taking pitches and would rather a hitter strike out on a borderline pitch than swing at a pitch two feet out of the strike zone.

I thought this was what Todd was to bring to the organization, some sort of philosophy?

It is working for the cubs, the WHite Sox have nothing working for them in regard to organizational philosophy as it pertains to hitting or defense.

I believe Cubs have seen the most pitches per AB in the NL, correct?

We have watched a lot of bad baseball this year.

Not that everything is RV's fault but damn, a well managed team doesnt consistently play bad ball like this. Is it sacrilegious to ask for a manager that can well manage a team?

How in the world do you get picked off there...unless he thought the ball was going to get by the catcher. He was not swinging so he should have been going back to the base anyway.

Instead of 3-2 and the runners going...inning over.....

That is just bad baseball from your so called leader.

This team makes it really hard to root for.

Imagine how bad it would be if Vince Coleman was not on the payroll.

Seriously what and the hell is he getting paid for?

I remember watching opening day and Hawk pining about how great the base running was going to be this year.

That was back when Hawk thought the team was going to be good

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 27, 2015 -> 12:28 PM)

Adam LaRoche is 27th in baseball in pitches per AB, yet most here think he is useless. I couldn't care less about pitches per AB. I would like to see a stat where they are swinging at good pitches to hit. Konerko's grand slam in the WS was on the first pitch. Some of it is just what kind of hitter you happen to be. Taking pitches can work against you if they are in the zone.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 27, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
Imagine how bad it would be if Vince Coleman was not on the payroll.

Seriously what and the hell is he getting paid for?

I remember watching opening day and Hawk pining about how great the base running was going to be this year.

That was back when Hawk thought the team was going to be good

Coleman is in charge of making sure players don't get attacked by the tarp rollers. If you think about it, he's done a stellar job so far.