White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
Adam LaRoche is 27th in baseball in pitches per AB, yet most here think he is useless. I couldn't care less about pitches per AB. I would like to see a stat where they are swinging at good pitches to hit. Konerko's grand slam in the WS was on the first pitch. Some of it is just what kind of hitter you happen to be. Taking pitches can work against you if they are in the zone.

Letting every meatball fastball down the middle go by and swing at every breaking ball out of the zone not working either.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 27, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
Beckham's average is down to .230

Who woulda thunk it?

Seriously though. This team is hard to get excited for. Baserunning mistakes, defensive mistakes. 8 pitch innings. I can't just keep telling myself it'll get better because it's going to get warm soon .......... Let's threaten to move the Sox to Florida again then if this team is only good in the heat.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 27, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
Coleman is in charge of making sure players don't get attacked by the tarp rollers. If you think about it, he's done a stellar job so far.

OSHA outlawed them in 1993 don't tell the White Sox though

Chuck Zwerski (sp) is in the booth......without Stacy King he sounds very dull i guess he could grow on you though.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 27, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)

Chuck Zwerski (sp) is in the booth......without Stacy King he sounds very dull i guess he could grow on you though.

Chuck Swirsky is the radio guy, Stacey King is a TV guy. They don't announce together.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 27, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)

The Swirsk never works with Stacey King, and is awesome. I don't know about his baseball knowledge, but he knows a lot about basketball and is a really good guy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2015 -> 01:04 PM)
The Swirsk never works with Stacey King, and is awesome. I don't know about his baseball knowledge, but he knows a lot about basketball and is a really good guy.

I will say this much, he has been an intelligent as an announcer. Instead of trying to show off, or act like knows more then he actually knows, he sets up his color guy with lots of good questions based on the situation going on in the game at the time. Typically a PBP guy would kind of start the conversation, or the color guy would jump in when he had a chance. Stone doesn't say much unless set up. Chuck is doing a good job of drawing him out. While he is rough around the edges, he has done a good job of understanding his limitations and trying not to do too much.