White Sox vs Orioles Game 2

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 1m1 minute ago

Adam Jones looked like he was in pain after scoring. Got up slow, then got off the field quickly.

Chris Rongey ‏@ChrisRongey 4m4 minutes ago

Never see a guy score and then run straight into the clubhouse. That can't be good for Jones.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 28, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
And I think that is the botom line for Beck. He has to have his control to be effective as he isn't a velocity type guy

He has good velocity, he just doesn't miss bats.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 1m1 minute ago

Adam Jones looked like he was in pain after scoring. Got up slow, then got off the field quickly.

Chris Rongey ‏@ChrisRongey 4m4 minutes ago

Never see a guy score and then run straight into the clubhouse. That can't be good for Jones.

Nothing wrong with him

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 28, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
Would have gone with Junior Guerra myself for this game. You just aren't gonna have that much success at MLB level with the low amount of strikeouts Beck has been getting.

Has Guerra been pitching? It looks like he's thrown less than 6 innings all season.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
Has Guerra been pitching? It looks like he's thrown less than 6 innings all season.

Junior Guerra, not Javi Guerra. A 30 year-old minor league free agent the Sox signed in the offseason who has been striking everyone out at AA and AAA.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 28, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)

Junior Guerra, new to the organization this year. Believed he pitched in Mexico or Japan last year.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 28, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Not seeing much out of Beck today.

I don't know why you wouldn't be. Good velocity so far, people have liked the movement on both his offspeed stuff and on his fastball, he's clearly a rookie who's both overpumped and has work to do, but even has 3 K's in these 3.2 innings.

I don't expect rookies to dominate any team, but there's plenty to work with here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
I don't know why you wouldn't be. Good velocity so far, people have liked the movement on both his offspeed stuff and on his fastball, he's clearly a rookie who's both overpumped and has work to do, but even has 3 K's in these 3.2 innings.

I don't expect rookies to dominate any team, but there's plenty to work with here.

Yep, just not ready with his breaking ball command right now. He definitely looks better this year compared to last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2015 -> 05:03 PM)

We have different standards 10 guys on base already not real good to me.