GT 5/29: White Sox (21-25) vs. Astros (30-18)

Eminor3rd

Combined strikeouts by starting pitchers  

24 members have voted

1. 1. O/U: 13.5

• Over
    • Under

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Rodon needs to mix up his pitches and keep it in the strike zone area

Yeah I don't want to see him throwing many first pitch sliders. He needs to get ahead with well located fastballs so that slider actually makes them chase. Seems like hitters are just expecting it every time and laying off because he doesn't force them to expect a fastball.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 29, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)
And to think Houston could have had McCullers and Rodon in their rotation. Thanks again Houston and go Sox!

oh and i can see Rodon agent borAss asking the world in his salary demands.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
I have a feeling that this will be Rodon's breakthrough game tonight. I'm thinking 7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K.

Interesting matchup vs. the most three outcome team in the league

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 29, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
Yeah I don't want to see him throwing many first pitch sliders. He needs to get ahead with well located fastballs so that slider actually makes them chase. Seems like hitters are just expecting it every time and laying off because he doesn't force them to expect a fastball.

I hope he learned from Sale. Chris mixed in three pitches and showed why he is one of the top pitchers in baseball

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 29, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
I hope he learned from Sale. Chris mixed in three pitches and showed why he is one of the top pitchers in baseball

Rodon really doesn't have the changeup there at all and last time I checked he's barely used anything pitch F/X classifies as a changeup all year (plus that could be pFX messing up classifying his slider).

He's basically a two pitch pitcher for now. If we wanted him working on the changeup we would have left him in Charlotte. The Change is something we'll hope he masters in a future offseason.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ May 29, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
Who would have guessed that at this point in the season Sox 7 GB, Astros 6 games-up in their divisions. Amazing.

21-25 is such a s***ty start for the Sox. Even 25-21 wouldn't have been too bad.

Hopefully Rodon is a bit pissed about not being taken #1 and racks up Ks like crazy.

I also have a friend who is a Houston fan that hates the White Sox more than any other team, so it'd be amusing if Rodon slaughtered them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
Hopefully Rodon is a bit pissed about not being taken #1 and racks up Ks like crazy.

I also have a friend who is a Houston fan that hates the White Sox more than any other team, so it'd be amusing if Rodon slaughtered them.

Can't blame them