GT 5/29: White Sox (21-25) vs. Astros (30-18)

Eminor3rd

Combined strikeouts by starting pitchers  

24 members have voted

1. 1. O/U: 13.5

• Over
    • Under

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 29, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
How is that?

Kept running him out there for a week after the initial injury, he barely hit for that week, had to be pulled from several games, aggravated the injury while playing more than once and now they've basically shut him down for the better part of a week because of how many different times he aggravated it. He will have 2 starts in the last 9 games after today.

The alternative, taking him out to rest the day or two days after he got hurt might have prevented the aggravations, and if not, putting him on the DL or shutting him down for several games sooner would have gotten him back to normal quicker. He's been dealing with this longer than he would have had he been shut down initially or even been put on the DL initially and he was ineffective while he was trying to play through it.

The correct move was to sit him at least for the day after he was first pulled from a game, maybe the 2 days afterwards. Instead we've made this a 2 week event already.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 29, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
How is that?

I don't know either. Seems there's this "common sense" argument of resting him after he tweaked it. We all get that though. Obviously the sox FO and RV and HS thought that as well since it's, you know, common sense. And then obviously they along with Avi thought he could play through it and be fine in a few days. Didn't happen so they're resting him now. Guys play through pain all year. He could probably be playing but we have a track record of being extra cautious with our company ferraris.

Edited by Jerksticks

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 29, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)
Kept running him out there for a week after the initial injury, he barely hit for that week, had to be pulled from several games, aggravated the injury while playing more than once and now they've basically shut him down for the better part of a week because of how many different times he aggravated it. He will have 2 starts in the last 9 games after today.

The alternative, taking him out to rest the day or two days after he got hurt might have prevented the aggravations, and if not, putting him on the DL or shutting him down for several games sooner would have gotten him back to normal quicker. He's been dealing with this longer than he would have had he been shut down initially or even been put on the DL initially and he was ineffective while he was trying to play through it.

The correct move was to sit him at least for the day after he was first pulled from a game, maybe the 2 days afterwards. Instead we've made this a 2 week event already.

Fire Herm Schneider?

even if Avi said he could play thru it. sit him. again look at Sale last yr.

develop some sense and balls and make the right moves. players mentality is to play no matter what. how many times is this going to happen before he, RV does the right thing.

Balta, I think we just have too many bad baseball players right now. And defensively, mercy. Conor has wood legs, melky is 5'5 260, Tyler meh, alexei is getting old. I'd argue Avi is looking pretty good out there. Eaton too. Abreu as well.

If some of these guys heat up a bit with the bats we can overplay our D, especially the whole left side.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 29, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
Robin Ventura: The buck stops with everyone but him.

How dumb of me. I am sure Robin totally blew off the training staff and just figured he couldn't hurt it more by playing on it which is the lie he tried to sell us. Thank God you are aroumd to call him out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 29, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
How dumb of me. I am sure Robin totally blew off the training staff and just figured he couldn't hurt it more by playing on it which is the lie he tried to sell us. Thank God you are aroumd to call him out.

And of course, if his training staff said "sure he's ok to go", he has absolutely no right to use his own judgment and say "naw, let's give him a day or two until it's all the way". Managers aren't allowed to use Judgment.