GT 5/30: White Sox (22-25) vs. Astros (30-19)

Eminor3rd

O/U: Number of zombie bat boys spawned in the underworld using the bones of previous races and blood from Jose Quintana's earlobes, calves, tongue, and penis  

8 members have voted

1. 1. 16.5

• Over
    • Under

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 30, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
Robin is truly stupid. Emilio is DHing and Avi is in RF. This is the PERFECT time to DH Avi and help his knee out more instead of making him run around in the field.

So does that mean no Abreu and LaRoche at 1b?

Better than nothing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
So does that mean no Abreu and LaRoche at 1b?

Better than nothing.

Yes. Why would you DH a guy who can play nearly every position on the field who you might need to use later in the game? DH the guy who plays 1 position and has knee problems right now!!

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 30, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
Coming into the season, I'm pretty sure he only rated above average in RF

Either way, I don't think it is a very big deal. When the Sox brought back Beckham, I figured Bonifacio was more or less the 4th OF. But his bad spring training must have really shot him down the charts. He has been behind Beckham and Shuck simce opening day.

Edited by Dick Allen

[quote name='Dick Allen' date='May 30, 2015 -> 12:48 PM' post='3171463' either way, I don't think it is a very big deal.

Would be unfortunate if his knee started bothering him in RF again and had to be taken out. You'd have our best 2 bats out. I'd say that that would be a big deal.

Edit: stupid phone always jumps around when I type on this site so I messed something up in the quote.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
I don't think the Sox see Bonifacio as an OF. Has he played there this season?

He has played CF this year and over 300 games in the OF in his career. I would much rather not take the risk of Avi re-aggravating his knee while running around in the OF and cost us to lose another bat. Having Emilio in the field gives the flexibility of moving him around later in the game if need be

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 30, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
He has played CF this year and over 300 games in the OF in his career. I would much rather not take the risk of Avi re-aggravating his knee while running around in the OF and cost us to lose another bat. Having Emilio in the field gives the flexibility of moving him around later in the game if need be

He is running regardless to the bases. He could aggravate it running down the steps to the dugout, I would prefer Robin not to treat everything like people should be covered in bubble wrap. If Avi is cleared to play, let him play.

Does there have to be an open b**** session about every move robin makes in every game thread?

Robin tends to make lineup decisions in ways that involve the least change. Putting a non-regular into the lineup is best done - per this philosophy - by putting him in the place of the guy he replaces.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 30, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
He is running regardless to the bases. He could aggravate it running down the steps to the dugout, I would prefer Robin not to treat everything like people should be covered in bubble wrap. If Avi is cleared to play, let him play.

Does there have to be an open b**** session about every move robin makes in every game thread?

Possibly running the bases a few times is way different than the stop and go of 9 innings covering the outfield . There is already a history of playing a guy too much and aggravating an injury. Not to mention, Avi is in no way a plus defender, so it's not like you need his glove out there.