Dan Jennings

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 11:31 PM)
Pitch him against just lefties and see what he does. Yes I know the small sample size says he's better against righties (although Ventura bringing him in against the right handed heart of the Astros' order on Sat probably blew that up).

He's definitely not better against righties, 100 point lower OPS against lefties. Walk rate against lefties is 5x lower than against righties.

Might be able to get away with using him as a true LOOGY but let's face it, our manager doesn't use guys that way and you can't pretend he will suddenly start.

The OP daily calling for someone to be DFA'd a nearly daily basis, especially when he called for Sanchez to be DFA proves he has very little idea what he is talking about, but Jennings has been pretty bad. But I doubt they go back to 1 LHP in the pen.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
The OP daily calling for someone to be DFA'd a nearly daily basis, especially when he called for Sanchez to be DFA proves he has very little idea what he is talking about, but Jennings has been pretty bad. But I doubt they go back to 1 LHP in the pen.

Normally I'd agree, calling for a guy like Sanchez to be DFAd is silly, but in this case it's actually what you'd do with Jennings based on his performance.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)

I never called for Sanchez to be DFA'd. You must have me mixed up with someone else.

Edited by Mike F.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 01:04 PM)
Normally I'd agree, calling for a guy like Sanchez to be DFAd is silly, but in this case it's actually what you'd do with Jennings based on his performance.

I don't disagree with you. Jennings would not be a loss at this point.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
Dana Eveland opted out of his minor league deal with the Red Sox. He was having a very nice year in Triple-A. I wouldn't mind the Sox trying to go after him.

All the lefties

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 04:19 AM)
Dana Eveland opted out of his minor league deal with the Red Sox. He was having a very nice year in Triple-A. I wouldn't mind the Sox trying to go after him.

i wanted the sox to sign him last yr.