White Sox @ Rangers - 6/4/15 - 7:05 CDT - CSN

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DashFan @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
Don't stop believin', hold on to that (offseason) feeeelin'!

EXCELLENT 2 post. what a way to get me geared up to today's game. i am not B/S'ing either.

:gosox3:

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Let's see how the future 1-2 punch works out. Sale followed by Rodon could be one of the filthiest in the league.

Need a win tonight. I'd be pretty impressed if Rodon wins tonight and beats Keuchel next Tuesday.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Need a win tonight. I'd be pretty impressed if Rodon wins tonight and beats Keuchel next Tuesday.

I think where he's at right now Rodon really matches up well against aggressive swinging teams (Astros) who are willing to strike out a lot but he'll get in more trouble against teams that are going to take a walk and make him have to throw strikes/work the count.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
I think where he's at right now Rodon really matches up well against aggressive swinging teams (Astros) who are willing to strike out a lot but he'll get in more trouble against teams that are going to take a walk and make him have to throw strikes/work the count.

but here is my thinking, if we as fans sees this, i think the opposing teams staff will be saying the same thing to their hitters.

Supposedly they worked on his delivery a bit, in an effort to improve his command and control. It looked like it worked vs. Houston. Hopefully it continues tonight. Either way, he's tough to hit. If he isn't walking you and getting behind, he is going to be hard to do much against.

If he has cleaned it up and he does have command, Houston and Miami will soon be wondering what they were thinking last draft.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
Supposedly they worked on his delivery a bit, in an effort to improve his command and control. It looked like it worked vs. Houston. Hopefully it continues tonight. Either way, he's tough to hit. If he isn't walking you and getting behind, he is going to be hard to do much against.

If he has cleaned it up and he does have command, Houston and Miami will soon be wondering what they were thinking last draft.

Houston ought to have been wondering that about their last 2 drafts already.

How is the kid Miami drafted doing? The 100 mph high school righty?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)

Numbers aren't pretty so far. No idea how he has actually looked.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/p...id=kolek-000tyl

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)

He's in A ball as a 19 year old. The ERA isn't great, the WHIP isn't great, he isn't striking out a ton, he's walking about 1 every 2 innings, but he is 19 and he does throw 100, so I wouldn't say he's a bust. Too many things can go wrong IMO with HS pitchers picked that high, especially when you had Rodon sitting there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)

More than anyone else on our team (aside from maybe Danks), the key with Rodon is getting ahead in the count. His slider is good because it looks EXACTLY like his fastball. But if hitters know about it and they aren't forced to swing, they're gonna sit and walk. It's a deception pitch, unlike Sale's slider, for example, that he can throw for a strike and guys swing and miss on it because it's so bendy.

Basically, I think Rodon will be most successful if he treats his slider like a splitter or circle change.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
He's in A ball as a 19 year old. The ERA isn't great, the WHIP isn't great, he isn't striking out a ton, he's walking about 1 every 2 innings, but he is 19 and he does throw 100, so I wouldn't say he's a bust. Too many things can go wrong IMO with HS pitchers picked that high, especially when you had Rodon sitting there.

Right -- no one should expect him to be dominating yet, it's just a matter of all that stuff surviving the 4 years it'll take him to develop into a ML pitcher.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
So Beckham is the third baseman now or what?

I really wish on occasion Robin would play Becks at 2nd and keep Gillaspie's bat in the line up. Potential line-up would be pretty good.

1. Eaton 2. Cabrera 3. Abreu 4. LaRoche 5. Avi 6. Gillaspie 7. Lexi 8. Gordon 9. catcher....looks good to me.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
Getting sick of the Twins... down 0-4 and now they are ahead 8-4.

Watched the last 3 innings of that...both Sox teams seem to play a similar brand of baseball defensively and on the bases.