White Sox @ Rangers - 6/4/15 - 7:05 CDT - CSN

FWIW there is plenty Ventura can do to improve this team.

First, stack all your decent/good hitters in a row. Eaton, Avi, Beck, Gillaspie, Abreu and maybe sprinke in some LaRoche. Melky Sanchez and Flowers should all see less at bats. I don't care how much you paid a motherf***er, this team needs to be shook up and bad.

This is why Ventura should be fired. He has no idea how to make adjustments.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)

First, stack all your decent/good hitters in a row. Eaton, Avi, Beck, Gillaspie, Abreu and maybe sprinke in some LaRoche. Melky Sanchez and Flowers should all see less at bats. I don't care how much you paid a motherf***er, this team needs to be shook up and bad.

Just the idea of calling Gillaspie and Beckham "good hitters" right now says all you need to about this season.

Gordon, despite how good things look right now....is just an 0/12 away from .250.

That said, he's definitely been one of the top 3 hitters on the team over the road trip, if not #1.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 05:23 AM)
It's just a very bad team. Starting pitching has looked much better, but they are so bad in every other area of the game. When you have a lineup with 3-4 guys who should be batting 9th, it's going to be hard to score.

Amen. This team blows. It is a miserably put together baseball team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 11:35 PM)
Just the idea of calling Gillaspie and Beckham "good hitters" right now says all you need to about this season.

Gordon, despite how good things look right now....is just an 0/12 away from .250.

That said, he's definitely been one of the top 3 hitters on the team over the road trip, if not #1.

Well that's just the point, he is a good hitter right now. If he went 0-12, that wouldn't be right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 04:36 AM)
Amen. This team blows. It is a miserably put together baseball team.

It was put together with some flaws but with enough talent to potentially overcome them. Unfortunately outside of Beckham and Rodon, no one has overachieved on their expectations for the season. The problem comes with Melky and Samardzija falling incredibly short of what was expected so far.

Great game by both sides. Rodon was fantastic for the second start in a row. Dan Jennings needs to work on his command, he could be a lock down lefty out of the pen but he needs to work on things

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 11:35 PM)

I had the decent disclaimer on there but in reality people are getting on base in front of rally killers. You can't score run when you have mental midgets going up to bat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 04:39 AM)
It was put together with some flaws but with enough talent to potentially overcome them. Unfortunately outside of Beckham and Rodon, no one has overachieved on their expectations for the season. The problem comes with Melky and Samardzija falling incredibly short of what was expected so far.

I respect you fathom, but our front office and scouts again failed miserably to PROJECT correctly. LaRoche is done, just a tad better than Paulie at the end (that grounder he hit up the middle into the shift made me laugh; how can he be so stubborn or dumb?). Melky is an atrocity and Jennings is beyond bad. I won't go through all the stiffs like Noesi as well. Duke has been acceptable I guess. They projected well on Robertson and Abreu. Also they failed to realize Gillaspie is not acceptable and Micah was not ready. As a result this team was put together very poorly. They also failed to project Tyler going downhill from an average season. I don't like the team makeup.

Here we go again. Detroit coming to town. Are the Sox going to be just what the doctor ordered for Detroit? Minnesota hasn't slowed down since getting back on track with a 4-game sweep of the Sox. Cleveland feasted and started its recovery after dusting off the Sox and KC of course used that series opening romp to its quick start. They have settled down and need to play the Sox again.

Now Detroit gets to turn its season around by playing the Sox. Can the Sox finally sweep a beaten/bruised, lousy Detroit team or let it get off the mat?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 12:15 AM)
LaRoche is done, just a tad better than Paulie at the end (that grounder he hit up the middle into the shift made me laugh; how can he be so stubborn or dumb?).

You're joking, right? You think Adam LaRoche can hit a grounder up the middle on purpose?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 06:25 AM)
You're joking, right? You think Adam LaRoche can hit a grounder up the middle on purpose?

I'm not a fan of guys who hit right into the shift in key situations. It's ignorant batting and selfish play IMO.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 12:29 AM)

If you go that route, Shuck should be in and Eaton or Melky on the bench. Take your pick