**6/6 Game Thread for Sox vs p**** Cats**

Brian

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
Danks needs to move to the bullpen or something...

He just destroys your team every other start.. just cant do that when you are 25-28.

Tired of his S***

Danks is the 5th starter. If he wins every other start that would be okay.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 01:29 AM)
Verlander had a very solid rehab start in AAA tonight as well.

The rest of the division has kept us in it for the last two weeks...but we just don't have it.

14 hits for the Tigers tonight already.

Yeah, losing 2 of 3 will be about right. Sox curing what ails the Tigers if Det. snags 2 of 3.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 01:54 AM)
.159 and now two walks for Sanchez.

Not even Bill Mazeroski could retain 2b with those numbers.

Sanchez, bless his glove, isn't a major leaguer. Neither is Conor. Neither is Soto. Neither is Flowers. Neither is Nieto. Neither is Boni. Neither is Shuck. I hate to say it, Melky is close to not being of any value at all. Don't the Sox have any hitters in the minor league system at all?

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
Danks is the 5th starter. If he wins every other start that would be okay.

It's not just about did he win or lose its also about does he give his team a chance to stay in the game.

In the end its hard for me to blame him when the team scores 1 run.

But John Danks just doesn't have MLB stuff or control.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
It's not just about did he win or lose its also about does he give his team a chance to stay in the game.

In the end its hard for me to blame him when the team scores 1 run.

But John Danks just doesn't have MLB stuff or control.

He's had some good starts too the last two years. Noesi is much worse. Remember he just pitched a complete game recently. Danks isn't trash and we have a lot of players way worse than Danks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:00 AM)
He's had some good starts too the last two years. Noesi is much worse. Remember he just pitched a complete game recently. Danks isn't trash and we have a lot of players way worse than Danks.

Danks has been one of the worst starters in baseball the last three years. His performance during his contract-extended years has been simply horrific.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)

Both are pretty bad yes... Hector had a 4.39 era with us and 1.33 whip last year

Danks was 4.74 era with a 1.44 whip last year.

Noesi much worse? maybe historically but with us I'm not sure who has been worse.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:02 AM)
Danks has been one of the worst starters in baseball the last three years. His performance during his contract-extended years has been simply horrific.

All I said was he's had some good starts the last two years and he has had some good starts. And I stand by saying he's way better than Noesi and not nearly one of the worst players on this last place team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
Everyone in baseball knew the Tigers badly needed a SS with an above-average glove and the Red Sox didn't think he would hit this well or they never would have traded him.

At the time, they were confident about Bogaerts. That trade is one of many reasons for their poor season this year.

Seven strikeouts in a row.

Bogaerts is having an excellent year in Boston. He has been hitting .300 and is an excellent defensive shortstop. Boston felt his range especially his arm-strength was better than Iglesias. N Bogaerts will be more of a power hitter especially w the Boston wall as well.

Go figure. Iglesias never put up solid BA number in the minors. Nice to have 2 quality SS prospects to pick from.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Yes. Just win the series. Ace vs, #5 stsrter no need to sound the alarms because of a loss.

Our focus really shouldn't even be on the starting pitching anyway. It SHOULD be on this terrible offense. 2nd worst in AL in runs scored! :huh:

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
As bad as anyone wants to make Danks out to be, the White Sox are 5-6 in his starts.

OMG! So worth the 15 mil a year we're paying him when you look at it like that!

That 5.17 ERA isn't what it seems!

Edited by Brian

If Sale, Samardzija, and Quintana had two great months of being a top 3, nobody would care that Danks had a handful of bad starts.

He's a 5th starter who got hurt after being paid. Nothing he can do about it now. If he gets 32 starts, and the Sox go 16-16 in hist starts, mission accomplished from your 5th starter.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
If Sale, Samardzija, and Quintana had two great months of being a top 3, nobody would care that Danks had a handful of bad starts.

He's a 5th starter who got hurt after being paid. Nothing he can do about it now. If he gets 32 starts, and the Sox go 16-16 in hist starts, mission accomplished from your 5th starter.

You hope that Danks can pitch effectively enough to hold down that 5th spot. He pitched like 13 innings of shut out ball but gave up a lot of hits. That came tumbling down last night in the 5th when he gave up 5 runs. Seems when he gets hit and the other team scores he just can't stop the bleeding. 14 innings over two games and 21 hits allowed. Now Noesi may be a lost cause and I wonder when he gets released?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 07:06 AM)
All I said was he's had some good starts the last two years and he has had some good starts. And I stand by saying he's way better than Noesi and not nearly one of the worst players on this last place team.

I have to agree with Gregg here. Noesi hasn't contributed but Danks has IMO

I think people just need to accept that Danks is over paid, has no trade value and is signed through 2016. IOW, he isn't going anywhere so get used to the idea of Danks taking the mound about fifty more times before his Sox career is finished.

I'm sure we all would like to move on from Danks but its just not possible so all fans can do is ride this out.