6/7 games

BlackSox13

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
Drabek has been putting up good numbers. Hope they can get him on a path back.

I think the Sox genuinely see something in Drabek as a starter. Looking at his game logs, the Sox have kept his pitch counts to the 80-90 range so it seems they are slowly building Drabek up. Love how he is turning into a ground ball machine. IMO, Drabek is being groomed to replace Samardzija.

Edit: figures I spoke too soon. Drabek giving up some hits in the fourth.

Edited by StRoostifer

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
I think the Sox genuinely see something in Drabek as a starter. Looking at his game logs, the Sox have kept his pitch counts to the 80-90 range so it seems they are slowly building Drabek up. Love how he is turning into a ground ball machine. IMO, Drabek is being groomed to replace Samardzija.

Edit: figures I spoke too soon. Drabek giving up some hits in the fourth.

Dear god no. Let's hope they have something more ambitious in mind to replace Shark than Drabek.

If they can get him some starts later this season (if we're out of the race), maybe I could be convinced of him as part of a competition for the #5 spot next year, but under no circumstance should he be in our top four if we're serious about competing.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Trey is having a very nice season. Has brought his K rare down to about 20% while maintaining a double-digit BB rate. The power numbers aren't quite there yet, but that should be expected of a 20 year old. While he may not crack the top 5 next year, he should be firmly entrenched in our top 10 if he can keep up his current performance.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)
I wonder of Guerrero is going to turn into a top 100 prospect sometime next year. He is really coming along and he is only 21

He's had a very good year, but I've yet to hear his name discussed by any of the minor league sites as a top prospect.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 07:30 PM)
I am thinking he takes Noesi's role after they pull the cord on him. They're going to pull the cord on him right? Please...

i have been very critical of the sox's so call rethreads. however the way the state of the majors is in ref to pitching, why are they not pick up so of these interesting pitchers that was let go via the waiver wire. no one is going to tell me none of them are not better than Penny.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
Starting to look like he'll replace Noesi eventually.

Quite a start to his W-S debut.

He looked good but I just checked and he gave up some runs but he's young and still stretching out that arm so I'd guess he just tired out.

I don't know what it is with the Sox and left handers,lol.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
Dear god no. Let's hope they have something more ambitious in mind to replace Shark than Drabek.

If they can get him some starts later this season (if we're out of the race), maybe I could be convinced of him as part of a competition for the #5 spot next year, but under no circumstance should he be in our top four if we're serious about competing.

Drabek could serve as a bridge to Montas or Danish and the way Samardzija has pitched, I have no problem going with Drabek if need be. Definitely not first choice by any means but he is a ground ball machine with untapped potential due to his injury history so he presents an interesting option, if he stays healthy.

Drabek today 6.1 7H 4ER 3K zero walks 13GO 1FO

Edited by StRoostifer

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
Trey is having a very nice season. Has brought his K rare down to about 20% while maintaining a double-digit BB rate. The power numbers aren't quite there yet, but that should be expected of a 20 year old. While he may not crack the top 5 next year, he should be firmly entrenched in our top 10 if he can keep up his current performance.

I would enjoy if they could not be aggressive with him and let him worry about building up strength than jumping up to AA and work on contact again.