6/7 vs Tigers

flavum

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
1. Robin Ventura is nice guy, great sense of humor - not a MLB manager.

2. Melky... WTF is going on.

3. Abreu... decent but his last two bats today were jokes.

4. .145 avg 2nd basement.

5. Shark... I really hate him at the moment he was great against the sox ... now we get him and he is a steaming pile.

6. Danks and Noesi are meat...

7 Avi has potential... but his approach is childish at the plate like many of our hitters.

We don't coach like pros, we don't play like pros, we don't look like pros..

From top to bottom.

2nd basement? Good play on words, albeit perhaps unintentional. Statistically, that position has to rank last in the majors unless its Utley.

And everything Avi contributes offensively, he cancels out on the defensive side.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
I would love to see JR and everyone under him gone, until that happens team treads water with an occasional playoff appearance every 8 to 10 years. Arrow pointing up.

It's really going to be a great situation for whoever the next owner is. The "Jerry/Kenny/Rick/Buddy/Robin Variety Show" is not going to be a tough act to follow.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:04 PM)
2nd basement? Good play on words, albeit perhaps unintentional. Statistically, that position has to rank last in the majors unless its Utley.

And everything Avi contributes offensively, he cancels out on the defensive side.

Yeah the basement think was unintentional... I saw it and then was like... no not fixing that it actually makes sense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
Davidson not working out has really hurt. Hopefully he keeps hitting lefties and can at least be a platoon player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
Hoping for a new 2nd baseman tomorrow night. Another crowning achievement for Buddy Bell.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)
Team plays bad, management is bad top to bottom, Nothing for fans to be excited about. Fans know same people will be running the Sox next year with same non playoff result. Arrow is pointing up just ask the brass cough cough!

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Sell the team Jerry, get new management, get new development guys in the minors, new coaches, new everything

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
The scouts who are recommending guys who were already in the majors are not doing very well of late for the Sox. Just way too many guys who come over and immediately look like they need to retire.

This organization went into the season without a second baseman or catcher. The guy they brought in last year as their third basemen of the future is a bust. They have a butcher in RF and brought in Melky for LF who has also been a bust for the Sox so far. They overvalued Samardzija. The Sox need new management from the owner to the front office to the manager and coaches to the whole minor league system.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
1. Robin Ventura is nice guy, great sense of humor - not a MLB manager.

2. Melky... WTF is going on.

3. Abreu... decent but his last two bats today were jokes.

4. .145 avg 2nd basement.

5. Shark... I really hate him at the moment he was great against the sox ... now we get him and he is a steaming pile.

6. Danks and Noesi are meat...

7 Avi has potential... but his approach is childish at the plate like many of our hitters.

We don't coach like pros, we don't play like pros, we don't look like pros..

From top to bottom.

Nice summary.

#1 Easily fixable. A manager can make a difference. See Minnesota.

#2 should be on the bench and #7 should go over there.

#3 I think is hurt more than we know and also "sophomore slump."

#4 Don't see a fix. Decide if Micah can ever play the field of Sanchez can ever hit and then ride out out with fingers crossed.

#5 Gone in July (I hope.).

#6 Tough fix. Lower end starters look worse with top end not living up to expectations and with no offense. Not enough MLB pitchers anywhere.

#7 See #3 above.

#8 I don't see an answer at catcher. Maybe they'll draft the guy Stone wants. That'll help in 2019.

#9 I don't see an answer at third. Maybe... Er... Ummm... Beckham until Davidson?

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Nice summary.

#1 Easily fixable. A manager can make a difference. See Minnesota.

#2 should be on the bench and #7 should go over there.

#3 I think is hurt more than we know and also "sophomore slump."

#4 Don't see a fix. Decide if Micah can ever play the field of Sanchez can ever hit and then ride out out with fingers crossed.

#5 Gone in July (I hope.).

#6 Tough fix. Lower end starters look worse with top end not living up to expectations and with no offense. Not enough MLB pitchers anywhere.

#7 See #3 above.

#8 I don't see an answer at catcher. Maybe they'll draft the guy Stone wants. That'll help in 2019.

#9 I don't see an answer at third. Maybe... Er... Ummm... Beckham until Davidson?

They're going to be forced to move Beckham back to 2b or play Bonifacio there...no choice.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
If Seattle beats TB, we're looking up at every team in the AL but Oakland.

And the Astros just got swept by Toronto, so they're going to come in with something to prove after losing 2/3 last time.

Sox have helped a lot of teams right the ship in Chicago...............Clev, Minn and Det. I see a pattern. Houston we have a problem starting Monday.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:27 PM)
There are some miserable people here today. Get off of the computer and do something more productive than complaining!

When you waste half your day watching your team suck people will complain. im sure if this team becomes more productive the complaining willstop.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
There are some miserable people here today. Get off of the computer and do something more productive than complaining!

LOL! Yes, how unreasonable for White Sox fans to come to a White Sox message board and post statements and opinions that resemble complaints on a day when the last place White Sox played another disappointing game. I mean, god forbid!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
LOL! Yes, how unreasonable for White Sox fans to come to a White Sox message board and post statements and opinions that resemble complaints on a day when the last place White Sox played another disappointing game. I mean, god forbid!

For someone who keeps referring to 35 years of misery, yet are still around to complain on a daily basis, there isn't much more that really needs to be said.

I may do that when JR and rest of management do something productive. I have been waiting since oh 2008. I was a Sox fan and watched games long before the The Szechuan Sage bought the team. I will be a Sox fan long after JR is gone. 2005 is not a lifelong pass to bow at the alter of JR and company.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)

Exactly. Some people have the little league approach here and seem happy the team showed up to play, and you can argue they didnt even do that.

Or you could just go away and not have to read anything.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
Very bad loss....so many of the reasons this team has underachieved showed up today.

I think this happens when the Sox get players from losing organizations or the NL.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
For someone who keeps referring to 35 years of misery, yet are still around to complain on a daily basis, there isn't much more that really needs to be said.

For someone who keeps referring to a so-called "fickle" fan base, how ironic that you are here criticizing the diehards for expressing some frustration on the current state of our last place ball club.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
I think this happens when the Sox get players from losing organizations or the NL.

Losing organizations (see Dunn, Samardzija or Rios), PEDS (Flowers/Cabrera) or the NL in general (LaRoche/Jennings).

The "winning player," Jack Peavy, was a shell of his former self for much of his time in a Sox uniform. He spent more time talking about winning than he did beating Detroit even once.

There have been some exceptions/anomalies, like David Robertson and Quintana (the Yankees), the Cubans (Ramirez/Abreu, not Viciedo), Keppinger (that was a weird one) and Scott Downs mixed in that defy explanation.

Duke's been pretty good for us, too. At least so far.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
For someone who keeps referring to a so-called "fickle" fan base, how ironic that you are here criticizing the diehards for expressing some frustration on the current state of our last place ball club.

Die hard? lol. More like ready to jump off a bridge on a daily basis.