Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)
Let's think, what teams need pitching help.

Houston. Toronto. Yankees. Rangers. Pittsburg. Dodgers. Boston (Chris Sale, hahaha jk)

Teams that need SS help:

San Diego. Pittsburg. Mets. Yankees.

If the Sox are out of it, I think we can start thinking of packages with these teams.

Some packages I think I would accept for Samardzija.

Boston- SP Michael Kopech and OF Manuel Margot

Houston- C Jacob Nottingham, SP Mark Appel, and OF Derek Fisher

Toronto- SP Sean Reid-Foley, SS Richard Urena, and OF DJ Davis

Yankees- OF Aaron Judge and SP Ian Clarkin

Pirates- C Reese McGuire, SP Mitch Keller, and OF Willy Garcia

Dodgers- SP Grant Holmes and OF Alex Verdugo

Rangers- OF Nick Williams, SS Ti'Quan Forbes, and SP Anthony Raunado

Some packages I would accept for Alexei.

San Diego- OF Rymer Liriano, 2B Jedd Gyrko, and SP Justin Hancock

Mets- SP Marcos Molina and SS Gavin Cecchini

Thoughts? Realistic?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 02:34 AM)
Some packages I think I would accept for Samardzija.

Boston- SP Michael Kopech and OF Manuel Margot

Houston- C Jacob Nottingham, SP Mark Appel, and OF Derek Fisher

Toronto- SP Sean Reid-Foley, SS Richard Urena, and OF DJ Davis

Yankees- OF Aaron Judge and SP Ian Clarkin

Pirates- C Reese McGuire, SP Mitch Keller, and OF Willy Garcia

Dodgers- SP Grant Holmes and OF Alex Verdugo

Rangers- OF Nick Williams, SS Ti'Quan Forbes, and SP Anthony Raunado

Some packages I would accept for Alexei.

San Diego- OF Rymer Liriano, 2B Jedd Gyrko, and SP Justin Hancock

Mets- SP Marcos Molina and SS Gavin Cecchini

Thoughts? Realistic?

It'd be very nice to acquire the best catcher possible for Shark. No reason to not do that trade ASAP.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)
Let's think, what teams need pitching help.

Houston. Toronto. Yankees. Rangers. Pittsburg. Dodgers. Boston (Chris Sale, hahaha jk)

Teams that need SS help:

San Diego. Pittsburg. Mets. Yankees.

If the Sox are out of it, I think we can start thinking of packages with these teams.

Agree.

Most fans overvalue their players; Sox fans undervalue theirs

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 11:59 PM)
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/06/19/lev..._medium=twitter

Levine says Toronto, Houston, and Yankees all on Samardzija

I'd hold Samardzija for 3-4 more starts. Looks like he's coming around. Some possible names from teams on the high end:

Toronto

I'd ask them for Jeff Hoffman because that would be a ridiculous return. Probably wouldn't be possible though.

C Max Pentecost

3B Mitch Nay

LHP Matt Smoral (Sox liked him around draft time)

C Dan Jansen (Low Minors)

DH Rowdy Tellez

New York Yankees

C Gary Sanchez

3B Eric Jagielo

C Luis Torrens

3B Miguel Andujar

Houston

3B Colin Moran

1B AJ Reed

C Max Stassi

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
I'd hold Samardzija for 3-4 more starts. Looks like he's coming around. Some possible names from teams on the high end:

Toronto

I'd ask them for Jeff Hoffman because that would be a ridiculous return. Probably wouldn't be possible though.

C Max Pentecost

3B Mitch Nay

DH Rowdy Tellez

New York Yankees

C Gary Sanchez

3B Eric Jagielo

C Luis Torrens

3B Miguel Andujar

Houston

3B Colin Moran

1B AJ Reed

C Max Stassi

Just to put into context. Peavy had 1 year + and he brought Avi and 2 good prospects. I would think Shark brings either an Avi type or a high rated prospect.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 12:10 AM)
trade him back to the Cubs, get some of those hitting prospects they have :lol:

Real talk, but would people here trade Quintana for Schwarber, Baez, & Vogelbach? Would the Cubs even consider this?

Unfortunately, I think our best bet for a quick turnaround may be trading Quintana for a couple major league ready hitting prospects and resigning Shark to an extension. Just don't think we'll get enough value for Shark to move the needle.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
Real talk, but would people here trade Quintana for Schwarber, Baez, & Vogelbach? Would the Cubs even consider this?

Unfortunately, I think our best bet for a quick turnaround may be trading Quintana for a couple major league ready hitting prospects and resigning Shark to an extension. Just don't think we'll get enough value for Shark to move the needle.

Yes I would make that trade. I'm not one of the guys advocating trading Quintana though. If that were the package, I'd definitely do it though.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)

Schwarber doesn't have a position. Sox wouldn't want him. They'd rather have a .600 OPS guy who's good in the clubhouse and can play 2 positions.

If Shark is as good as claimed, he'll move the needle. Trade him and sign him back (although for #3 money, not 2).

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
Yes I would make that trade. I'm not one of the guys advocating trading Quintana though. If that were the package, I'd definitely do it though.

Yeah, I'd hate to trade Quintana for obvious reasons, but getting two guys that are pretty much major league ready with tons of upside in Schwarber & Baez would have to make you consider it. For the Cubs, these two plus Vogelbach are somewhat spare parts. Doesn't mean they have to move them for Quintana, but I see some or all of these guys being used to acquire a frontline starting pitcher at some point. I'd say the matchup is pretty good between us and them.

If we could resign Shark to a reasonable extension, then I would do the trade. We'd still have a 1-2-3 of Sale/Shark/Rodon with Johnson, Danish, Montas, & Fulmer in the mix for 2016/2017.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:35 AM)
Schwarber doesn't have a position. Sox wouldn't want him. They'd rather have a .600 OPS guy who's good in the clubhouse and can play 2 positions.

If Shark is as good as claimed, he'll move the needle. Trade him and sign him back (although for #3 money, not 2).

He's a catcher until proven otherwise.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:08 AM)

Toronto

C Max Pentecost

3B Mitch Nay

DH Rowdy Tellez

New York Yankees

C Gary Sanchez

3B Eric Jagielo

C Luis Torrens

3B Miguel Andujar

Houston

3B Colin Moran

1B AJ Reed

C Max Stassi

This is a good and reasonable list Jimmy, good job.

I think the Yanks will show the most willingness to part with talent. I would ask for Judge and if not ask for one of Sanchez or Jagielo for Samardzija. Too bad there isn't much to package with Samardzija to try and get Judge and one of Sanchez/Jagielo. Maybe there is? Maybe the Hanks have interest in Alexei?

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)
Yeah, I'd hate to trade Quintana for obvious reasons, but getting two guys that are pretty much major league ready with tons of upside in Schwarber & Baez would have to make you consider it. For the Cubs, these two plus Vogelbach are somewhat spare parts. Doesn't mean they have to move them for Quintana, but I see some or all of these guys being used to acquire a frontline starting pitcher at some point. I'd say the matchup is pretty good between us and them.

If we could resign Shark to a reasonable extension, then I would do the trade. We'd still have a 1-2-3 of Sale/Shark/Rodon with Johnson, Danish, Montas, & Fulmer in the mix for 2016/2017.

For 2016: Sale, Shark, Danks, Johnson, Rodon (although he's nowhere near ready) looks like the most probable if they sign Shark (which I wouldn't do for #2 money).

Danish is getting slaughtered in AA ball.

Montas isnt' ready.

Fulmer isn't even signed and has command issues and if the Sox value him at all, they need to take their time and smooth out his delivery.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dotson straightens Drabek out.

I don't even know if I should post this....We have a new hire in our IT department, so take this with a huge grain of salt, buy she claims to know Samardjiza and said he will be traded in the next week. If you want him traded, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I cannot verify if this is accurate for a week.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:08 AM)

Why is Hoffman a ridiculous return for a quality major league starter at the deadline?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
For 2016: Sale, Shark, Danks, Johnson, Rodon (although he's nowhere near ready) looks like the most probable if they sign Shark (which I wouldn't do for #2 money).

Danish is getting slaughtered in AA ball.

Montas isnt' ready.

Fulmer isn't even signed and has command issues and if the Sox value him at all, they need to take their time and smooth out his delivery.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dotson straightens Drabek out.

I'm really intrigued by Drabek too. Hope that could work out.

I hope Fulmer stays in the minors all year in 2016 (maybe a Sept call up). They don't need to rush him at all. It would be stupid to count on him for 2016.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)
Why is Hoffman a ridiculous return for a quality major league starter at the deadline?

I think Hoffman is a future ace. The White Sox might have taken Hoffman over Rodon had he been healthy last year. They were big fans of his. He's going to be a front of the rotation starter. Would be a great return.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:58 AM)
I think Hoffman is a future ace. The White Sox might have taken Hoffman over Rodon had he been healthy last year. They were big fans of his. He's going to be a front of the rotation starter. Would be a great return.

Jeff Hoffman 1st start after Tommy John

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)

It would be hard to trade Q but if we get 2 good hitting, mlb ready position players you have to do it. We cant draft or develop hitters so if we get it the other way we have to. Id still trade Jeff S and try to resign him. Im sure Jeff understands, get a couple of good players for him to help the team.

Sale-Szamardjia-Rodon-Johnson-(montas, danish, fullmer)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
I don't even know if I should post this....We have a new hire in our IT department, so take this with a huge grain of salt, buy she claims to know Samardjiza and said he will be traded in the next week. If you want him traded, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I cannot verify if this is accurate for a week.

While I'd be surprised if the front office was that forward with Shark, it would make a lot of sense to put him on the market ASAP if you want to maximize your return.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 08:58 AM)

yea, but he wasn't healthy, so a heavy discount is attached. Seems like a fair return to me, with the Sox picking up some serious risk (and serious upside).