2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY ONE

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
I don't think Kyle Tucker or that HS catcher will be there for the Sox to take but if either one is the Sox better take em

You trust the development people to make these guys into MLB starters?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
Didn't see the 1st hr, but the 2nd one wouldn't have gone out without the howling wind. Still hard hit.

First one was a no doubter. Even the announcers said it wind or no wind.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 2m2 minutes ago

Have heard that a couple of pitchers White Sox are looking at have the chance to help team at some point this season

Sox really like to rush the good ones dont they...

Have heard that a couple of pitchers White Sox are looking at have the chance to help team at some point this season

Need hitters not pitchers right now.

This isn't surprising, I'm guessing the sox like Fulmer

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
IIRC, Baseball America was reporting his signing demands were scaring off some teams as well. I think I saw that when going through the 2009 draft thread on this site a few weeks ago.

It's not all that uncommon that we hear about these things and the kid ends up signing for the slot he's drafted at. Sometimes the team calls the kid's bluff and he just takes the money and runs.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 11:19 PM)
It's not all that uncommon that we hear about these things and the kid ends up signing for the slot he's drafted at. Sometimes the team calls the kid's bluff and he just takes the money and runs.

Or they throw out fake numbers because they don't want a certain team to draft them. Heck, there was an article last week that said Boras told the Sox they couldn't afford Rodon.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Really poor location with the slider throughout this game by Jay. Was able to get away with those against Big 10 competition but that isn't going to work at higher levels.

I've read that some scouts like his curveball better for that very reason, he controls it much better

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
Keep going with pitching until proven otherwise. We never develop any hitting. Wait for someone like Hawkins or Anderson to come up and do damage.

Yeah, do what you are good at. If you end up with too much pitching, you trade it for hitting.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
Keep going with pitching until proven otherwise. We never develop any hitting. Wait for someone like Hawkins or Anderson to come up and do damage.

I meant for THIS season.