2015 White Sox Draft Picks - Updates

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 09:04 AM)
Yeah, Fulmer is going to get shut down now for a couple weeks, but he'll sign quick.

I don't they're going to be as aggressive with him as Rodon though. He's at 120+ innings as it is. If he pitches above Winston-Salem this season, I'd kinda be surprised.

That's my thinking as well. Rookie league tune-up, one of the A-ball clubs and probably that's it. Maybe, if AA or AAA make their playoffs (Charlotte is in position now for that) and Fulmer is blowing away A-ball, he joins the post-season team late. An MLB call-up for 2015 seems unlikely to me.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
That's my thinking as well. Rookie league tune-up, one of the A-ball clubs and probably that's it. Maybe, if AA or AAA make their playoffs (Charlotte is in position now for that) and Fulmer is blowing away A-ball, he joins the post-season team late. An MLB call-up for 2015 seems unlikely to me.

I can't see him being called up this year under any circumstance.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
Not until he is in MLB.

but wasn't that what you guys were talking about, bringing Fulmer up this yr or something like that??

re the clock.... when Sale got hurts and the rest of the pitchers were not doing so great. i thought they anguish about bringing up Rodon b/c they still had hope for the playoff.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
but wasn't that what you guys were talking about, bringing Fulmer up this yr or something like that??

re the clock.... when Sale got hurts and the rest of the pitchers were not doing so great. i thought they anguish about bringing up Rodon b/c they still had hope for the playoff.

I said I do not see him coming up this year. He has had a big work load already in 2015. Not being call up the clock would not start.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 07:42 AM)
Is this a serious question?

Sort of serious. All the conversation about shutting him down, calling him up or not calling him up, ranking him as a prospect, blah, blah...is just a bit premature. Why don't we sign him first, then see how he does and where he does it. Until then, ......

Oh, you get my point.

I wish he would sign soon.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
Sort of serious. All the conversation about shutting him down, calling him up or not calling him up, ranking him as a prospect, blah, blah...is just a bit premature. Why don't we sign him first, then see how he does and where he does it. Until then, ......

Oh, you get my point.

I wish he would sign soon.

Okay. I thought you were implying that he may not sign. He's signing.

Hahn being in the DR yesterday for signings may be involved in the delayed Fulmer signing, but it should move very soon. I'm pretty confident they want to get it done to go after one or more of the back end reach picks. I'd be surprised if Fulmer wasn't signed by mid-next week.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Hahn being in the DR yesterday for signings may be involved in the delayed Fulmer signing, but it should move very soon. I'm pretty confident they want to get it done to go after one or more of the back end reach picks. I'd be surprised if Fulmer wasn't signed by mid-next week.

Carson Fulmer signed for slot: Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 4m4 minutes ago

White Sox have signed first-round pick Carson Fulmer to a minor-league contract with a $3,470,600-million signing bonus.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 3, 2015 -> 12:37 PM)

Ha, nice timing. As I was reading this post, I got the notification on my phone.

Edited by dasox24

Mike Hickman reports to Future Sox that he will NOT be signing.

Draft Tracker being updated.

DJ King the only remaining open question, and I honestly know next to nothing about the guy. The Sox DO have a solid 200k to offer him, and could go as high as 471k and pay a 75% tax on the overage.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
If I am not mistaken, you can also use the slot savings on undrafted players?

I wouldn't want to sign a kid just for the sake of signing a kid and he's the only one available.

The slot savings are the team's money. They can spend it on hot dogs if they want to. Anything at all.

The leftover cash may have been emergency cushion in case Fulmer played hard ball, or it may be for this DJ King kid, or they may have thought they had a good shot at Mike Hickman. Or all the above, and none came to fruition.