Meet Carson Fulmer (Stats, GIFs, Scouting reports, Tweets, and Analysi

wsiskel

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
Roy Oswalt.

6' 190.

Discuss.

ive watched a lot of fulmer. probably 70% of the pitches he's thrown in college. This is a great comp. the best ive seen. Assuming he hits his potential of course. 93-95 fastball with late life. Big overhand curve ball- similar body. neither have clean deliveries

Edited by daa84

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 07:27 AM)
Whenever I hear a White Sox front office person comment on a prospect, I barf and take it with a grain of salt.

It reminds me of the Detroit Lions under Matt Millen when their 1st pick every year was a WR. No doubt you take the best player but this organization just can't produce position players.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:39 AM)
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 29m29 minutes ago

After he was drafted by the W Sox Monday, Carson Fulmer went to a Buff Wild WIngs to watch Chris Sale pitch. He wasn't disappointed.

Are you sure he went to buffalo wild wings?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
It reminds me of the Detroit Lions under Matt Millen when their 1st pick every year was a WR. No doubt you take the best player but this organization just can't produce position players.

I know what you mean. It will be fun watching Fulmer lose 3-1 (1 run earned) on a consistent basis.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
Yep. Fulmer was switched to a starter during the 2014 season.

Yes, now he goes by Caitlyn Fulmer.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
It goes well with our animal theme.

Condor, The Flying Serpent, Shark

What do we give Rodon?

No runs, unfortunately.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 10:58 PM)
"That’s the only connection I have to him, but I definitely want to meet him. I definitely want to develop a relationship with him. It’s something I’m definitely looking forward to.”

Speaking of Nuke Laloosh cliches...we can add the word "definitely"

CDF...Carson Definitely Fulmer

Well, between the CWS, him actually signing and all of that, I'd imagine the status of the big league team might have some bearing on it too. I can't say I've really hated the plan of taking the top pitcher and moving him quickly. What kind of innings has he been throwing at Vandy this year?

I honestly think the White Sox can use it as a bargaining chip. If you sign with us for under the slot, we will have you in the majors by August 31, or whenever. That is a hell of a bargaining chip because their free agent clock and options start burning up at that point, which gets them on the clock to free agency.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
Well, between the CWS, him actually signing and all of that, I'd imagine the status of the big league team might have some bearing on it too. I can't say I've really hated the plan of taking the top pitcher and moving him quickly. What kind of innings has he been throwing at Vandy this year?

Probably 100+

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)

91 IP in 2014, 114 in 2015.