6/9/15 GDT Astros @ Sox

Condor13

Dallas Keuchel vs Carlos Rodon

This should be another pitchers duel between one of the best young pitchers in baseball, Rodon, and the leading candidate for the AL Cy Young, Keuchel. Keuchel enters the game with a 7-1 record and a 1.85 ERA. Rodon sports a 1-0 record with a 3.21 ERA. Rodon has gained more control of his fastball over his last 2 starts and will look to build upon his 10 strike out performance in his last game.

The Sox offense has been looking better as of late, at least hitters 1-5. After the spot though the Sox hitters have been about as bad as I have ever seen. Flowers batting average has dropped below .200 and Sanchez now is below .150. Beckham had his hot streak but seems to have come back down to earth with some lack luster abs lately. RV may have found something by moving Alexei to the 2 hole and dropping Melky to the 6 hole. Alexei has been hitting well since the move, hopefully Melky starts to hit as well.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
Wish this team would figure it out and go on a fun run...

If only we had some exciting young players on the position front. Sox have to figure out a way to make that happen and unfortunately I don't see how they are going to do it, unless they plan on making some big international splashes.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
Soto is DHing and hitting 5th? wow.

Let's hope Flowers doesn't get hurt today.

Flowers or a pitcher, probably have the same plate results.

QUOTE (SouthWallace @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
Would Conor be any worse at DH than Soto? or Shuck in RF with Avi DHing? I don't get it.

they probably want as many righties in lineup as possible.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
they probably want as many righties in lineup as possible.

I understand that aspect, I just dont think there is any gain adding both Flowers and Soto to a lineup despite the L/R splits...

QUOTE (SouthWallace @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 05:03 PM)
I understand that aspect, I just dont think there is any gain adding both Flowers and Soto to a lineup despite the L/R splits...

Stop using logic. If Robin wants to have 6 sub-.240 hitters in his lineup against potentially the best pitcher in the AL, he'll do it because strategy.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 06:52 PM)
Stop using logic. If Robin wants to have 6 sub-.240 hitters in his lineup against potentially the best pitcher in the AL, he'll do it because strategy.

Shark is hitting .500. Let him DH