6/10 GDT Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

Condor13

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
Exactly. It's nice to see Sale getting all this national attention this week, but Quintana (not necessarily this year, but in general) deserves some too.

Quintana could throw back to back perfect games and people would just go "Who?"

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)
I said adjustments can be made but I'm still right. You said the chance of a groundball/hit was higher than a K. I believe I have demonstrated that not to be true. As if to prove it, Soto just came up with a runner at first, looked at a strike, swung at a strike and looked at 4 straight balls. He just doesn't perform in a way that it's optimum to run with him there, particularly with my gripes about Avi not being a good runner.

No you are not. You are also ignoring the count. Soto in his career has a .497 OBP with a full count. Again the only plays that hurt are infield liners and strikeouts. Anything else either doesn't matter or it helps he was running.A fly out, Avi gets back to first, a pop out, same thing. It is worth the gamble, now be like you want Hawk and Stome to be and just admit you are wrong.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 04:24 AM)
The astros are a boom or bust team. They hit homeruns or they lose, it's really that simple. Plus they strike out a ton.

by any chance, did you look at the whole team and their batting avg???

you called it there. either power or nothing.