6/12 GDT Chicago White Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays

Condor13

John Danks vs Matt Andriese

Not sure what to think of this pitching matchup. Danks has been more of a mystery then I would have thought at the beginning of the year. Danks has been able to put together some rather nice outings, including his complete game he pitched earlier in the year. He has also had games where everyone wanted to throw him to the curb with every pitch he made. So I guess we really don't know what we are gonna get from him tonight until he steps out on the mound in Tampa. Andriese was recalled from AAA to replace Odorizzi whom the Rays placed on the DL.

The Sox bats exploded with 3 HRs in their final game of the home stand on Wednesday night. Hopefully they can bring that pop to the dome in Tampa. It should be a great serious for the Sox as they look to extend their winning streak on this 5 game road trip. GO SOX!!!!

Make sure to get your HR picks in before the first pitch of tonight game.

I wanted to start the thread earlier (busy the rest of the day) to keep the streak going. I hope that's alright with everyone.

LINEUPS : TBA

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 07:36 AM)
I wanted to start the thread earlier (busy the rest of the day) to keep the streak going. I hope that's alright with everyone.

Everything you do is alright when you're carrying our team through a winning streak.

For anyone who listens to games, apparently they are picking up on the Swirsky thing of reading people's tweeted questions.

Darrin Jackson ‏@DJWhiteSox 8m8 minutes ago

Every game we will try to respond to some of your tweets in the middle of the game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
For anyone who listens to games, apparently they are picking up on the Swirsky thing of reading people's tweeted questions.

Darrin Jackson ‏@DJWhiteSox 8m8 minutes ago

Every game we will try to respond to some of your tweets in the middle of the game.

They used to do it through emails on the TV side, but it has been many years. I think it's a good idea.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 08:34 AM)
Hopefully keep the team in the game Danks shows up tonight. Even when Danks was at his peak, when he was bad, he was really bad. He just is bad more often these days.

Seems like it's a constant struggle for him to keep his changeup down. When he does he's really effective. When he leaves it over the plate he gets shelled.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
Seems like it's a constant struggle for him to keep his changeup down. When he does he's really effective. When he leaves it over the plate he gets shelled.

I actually felt like he was leaving his change up a whole lot during that 10 hit shutout against the Astros, they just couldn't hit it.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)

Danks has always been high maintenance with his mechanics. When he stays on top of his change up and it finishes on a downward plane, he is in good shape. When it moves more sideways or spins, he get killed. Because he lost the difference in speed between his change and fastball, he has to fool on movement.

Eaton CF Ramirez SS Abreu 1B LaRoche DH Garcia RF Cabrera LF Gillaspie 3B Flowers C Sanchez 2B

Guyer lf, Butler DH, Longoria 3b, Forsythe 2b, Souza rf, Elmore 1b, Franklin ss, Mahtook cf, Rivera c,

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
Eaton CF Ramirez SS Abreu 1B LaRoche DH Garcia RF Cabrera LF Gillaspie 3B Flowers C Sanchez 2B

Guyer lf, Butler DH, Longoria 3b, Forsythe 2b, Souza rf, Elmore 1b, Franklin ss, Mahtook cf, Rivera c,

How are the Rays over .500? I haven't heard a majority of their players lol

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
Welcome to the post steroid era.

Yeah. Whats crazy to me is that its not like they dont have the resources to get bigger, stronger, quicker. The players physical floors shouldnt be as low as what we are seeing. Get your butt in the weight rooms and work on it naturally. of course they wont ever be monsters as they were in the steroid era but they can certainly be better than this.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
Yeah. Whats crazy to me is that its not like they dont have the resources to get bigger, stronger, quicker. The players physical floors shouldnt be as low as what we are seeing. Get your butt in the weight rooms and work on it naturally. of course they wont ever be monsters as they were in the steroid era but they can certainly be better than this.

And i think the low BAs of today's game are a result of the current crop growing up in the steroid era. I think some of the fundamental "arts" of the game got pushed to the side for big hacking HR swings- like how to foul balls off, take what the pitcher gives you, choke up on the bat, hit the ball where they ain't, hit the ball to the right side to advance guys etc. Much of the craftiness that was fun to watch is gone.