Viciedo holding out for Major League deal

southsider2k5

This proves what a 'bum' (in baseball terms) Viciedo is. You'd think he'd go to the minors and learn how to take a walk once a month. If he'd learn how to play baseball the right way, and be more selective at the plate, and at least average in left field, he might get a job.

s*** if he'd learn to hit he might be a DH for 10 years. But he refuses like he's some productive hitter. He's not. He swings at everything, has a huge hole in his swing and can't play D.

Edited by greg775

Hits for low average

Does not walk much

Poor defender

Had zero trade value leading to his release

Had no ST

And he's holding out for an MLB deal and its mid June? :lol:

That's just foolish. Take the minor league contract and hit your way back to the majors because that's the only way it will happen.

I'm curious if this is Viciedo's decision or is he listening to his agent?

Edit: Holy hell I spoke too soon! I finished typing this and boom, a few posts ahead said he just signed. Strike this post from the record please.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
Hits for low average

Does not walk much

Poor defender

Had zero trade value leading to his release

Had no ST

And he's holding out for an MLB deal and its mid June? :lol:

That's just foolish. Take the minor league contract and hit your way back to the majors because that's the only way it will happen.

I'm curious if this is Viciedo's decision or is he listening to his agent?

Edit: Holy hell I spoke too soon! I finished typing this and boom, a few posts ahead said he just signed. Strike this post from the record please.

Eh, it's all still pretty accurate.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
Did you thank Seniora Viciedo?

I thanked him in Spanish when he signed it for me right in front of me. It was one of his custom bats with his name engraved in it. He cracked it while using it, I managed to get it from the dugout.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
Phegley also batting over .300

Anytime the A's want your players you need to reassess your opinion of such players. Obviously Semien and Phegs were good if Oakland wanted 'em.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
Anytime the A's want your players you need to reassess your opinion of such players. Obviously Semien and Phegs were good if Oakland wanted 'em.

You do realize that Oakland has the worst record in the American League, right? Worse than the Sox even.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)

They are both awful defensive players though. Sox didn't really give up much.

Why should that be a surprise when we've had the worst defense in baseball since 2012....Micah, Semien, Phegley, Viciedo and Rangel Ravelo all couldn't find permanent positional homes, etc. That's not to mention bringing in guys like Teahen and Keppinger.

Rondon is our best currently and he came from the Red Sox. Who else besides Thompson and Engel can defend well?

Our best infield prospect on the fielding side can't hit (Sanchez).

About the only hafway decent player we produced who comes to mind is Eduardo Escobar.

Buddy Bell and Ventura were Gold Glove caliber 3b. It doesn't make any sense.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/pro...P=rangel-ravelo

By the way, what happened to Ravelo?

Edited by caulfield12