6/13 Sox @ Rays 3:10 CT CSN

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
Was barbecuing chicken while watching game and man this was disappointing loss.

I just got home from work and it does suck when Conor hits a bomb to give the Sox a late lead and the BP coughs it up. I see Putnam gave up 2 hits and a walk . Don't really understand why when its late in the game he's not pulled after allowing 2 base runners or even one when you have a whole bullpen full of guys you can play match up with an out at a time.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 07:04 PM)
Offseaon soxtalk "I love what Rick Hahn has done" "Rick Hahn is awesome"

soxtalk now "Hahn is just KWs puppet"

Soxtalk if Sox were in first place " Gotta give Hahn a ton of credit for assembling this team"

It was obvious in the offseason that the acquisitions were Williams' philosophy and targets, with Hahn executing the trades.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 07:04 PM)

Soxtalk if Sox were in first place " Gotta give Hahn a ton of credit for assembling this team"

I'm on the side of "I like the moves he's made. They just haven't worked." Nothing else really to it. People should have expected a little regression from guys like Eaton, Abreu and Gillaspie. I don't necessarily put blame on either.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 12:04 AM)

i don't see where posters are saying Hahn is kw puppet.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
i don't see where posters are saying Hahn is kw puppet.

I just want someone to be responsible for this decision making. I don't know who it should be because I wasn't behind closed doors to see who was pushing for which decisions. If Hahn was strongly in favor of the "all in" type moves, big spending and trading for a guy on a 1 year deal then Hahn is the target. If someone with more power pushed him into that then get that person out of Hahns way. If the decision making setup is going to stay in place then the people who ran the day to day operations on the coaching staff need removed.

You can't spend $50 million in 1 year, fail, and have no one be responsible for that failure. For no one to be held responsible then they need to stop failing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 01:07 AM)
I just want someone to be responsible for this decision making. I don't know who it should be because I wasn't behind closed doors to see who was pushing for which decisions. If Hahn was strongly in favor of the "all in" type moves, big spending and trading for a guy on a 1 year deal then Hahn is the target. If someone with more power pushed him into that then get that person out of Hahns way. If the decision making setup is going to stay in place then the people who ran the day to day operations on the coaching staff need removed.

You can't spend $50 million in 1 year, fail, and have no one be responsible for that failure. For no one to be held responsible then they need to stop failing.

EXCELLENT post. who is responsible is the key word.

i still say, they the sox was doing great and then it hit a brick wall and stop. the sox needed to make several more moves.

in one they, the FO went out and got Penny and Drabek.... and in another, they went out and got Soto... Soto, while a decent backup, is not what the sox needed.

here is my other question i have been waiting to ask for a long time. does the sox have no one who could really see the big picture, outside the dollar.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 11:59 PM)
Some people couldn't wait to get rid of AJ and replace him with Flowers.

Just about everybody wanted AJP gone. I got hammered for backing him on here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 08:07 PM)

Agreed. Year after year, "All In" failed, so they finally decided to rebuild, but suddenly the "All In" crowd took control again, but no one is even pointing fingers, just shrugging shoulders

A former reporter said the problem with the organization is that it laid back. That's why they get free agents to come here. Then the organization sucks at developing position players so the roster become casual. Players like Ramirez can't be benched because there is no one to replace him. Maybe a few on the pitching staff may fear they can be replaced but not the position players. How many other organizations that have been this poor at developing position players would keep the same people in tact. There is no accountability other than low attendance. They need to sell this team to someone who might care a little bit more.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 12:48 AM)
A former reporter said the problem with the organization is that it laid back. That's why they get free agents to come here. Then the organization sucks at developing position players so the roster become casual. Players like Ramirez can't be benched because there is no one to replace him. Maybe a few on the pitching staff may fear they can be replaced but not the position players. How many other organizations that have been this poor at developing position players would keep the same people in tact. There is no accountability other than low attendance. They need to sell this team to someone who might care a little bit more.

And then they fail to show patience with young players like Semien and Johnson.

When they do bench a player, it's Eaton and not Alexei or Tyler Flowers...as they don't have a legit candidate for either of those positions.

Then, they stick with players like Dunn, Danks and Cabrera because they don't have enough flexibility to eat those payroll mistakes because of their smaller ones like Keppinger, Teahen and Downs.

They're always sort of in it at the break, forcing them to add...when they probably shouldn't.

The only possibly good position players they've gotten (Eaton and Avi) have been a result of clear direction, rebuilding moves. Two (seemingly) worked out, but trading Reed and Santos yielded nothing of value (along with the failures of Beckham and Viciedo)...once again forcing them into the desperate free agent cycle which has busted in 2011 and 2015.

Which leaves the team further away from the playoffs than clubs like the Cubs, Astros or Royals who went through essentially 5-8 year rebuilds but have better odds of sustaining success compared to the KW Mississippi Riverboat Gambler "all in" approach that doesnt work more than once every 25 years.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 06:48 AM)

nice find, the problem is not caring, it is mismanagement. proof, kw is still at the helm. i hate this to be a kw bashing, but mismanagement from the very top down.

then you need to throw in the accountability factor.

on the team side, there is really no leader to lead them. the leader who will circle the wagons and by shear will force them to play better.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 04:02 AM)
Agreed. Year after year, "All In" failed, so they finally decided to rebuild, but suddenly the "All In" crowd took control again, but no one is even pointing fingers, just shrugging shoulders

i disagree with this..... they are good at pointing fingers and it was directed right at the fans. it was the fans fault for not coming to the park and support the team.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 01:48 AM)

That is what this franchise DESPERATELY needs - NEW OWNERSHIP! You cannot argue otherwise. Unless fortunes change and soon this year, it will mark the 30th year in 35 years of the current ownership's tenure in which they have FAILED to make it to the postseason. That is a terrible record and it explains why we have the fourth worst attendance in all of baseball. Jerry/Kenny/Rick have had their crack at this working together since '02, and except for one magical year a decade ago, their track record has been abysmal.

Our sleeping giant of a franchise and our long suffering fan base so needs a shot of fresh blood in the form of new ownership, it's not funny. It is a fool's errand to think the current regime is capable of future results that won't look similar to that of the past 13 years. Reinsdorf purportedly advised his family not too long ago to sell the team in the future upon his passing. Perhaps if that's such a good idea at some point in the future, maybe he could do his family and all of us a favor by selling now so that this team could finally move in a far more positive direction than it's currently experiencing.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
That is what this franchise DESPERATELY needs - NEW OWNERSHIP! You cannot argue otherwise. Unless fortunes change and soon this year, it will mark the 30th year in 35 years of the current ownership's tenure in which they have FAILED to make it to the postseason. That is a terrible record and it explains why we have the fourth worst attendance in all of baseball. Jerry/Kenny/Rick have had their crack at this working together since '02, and except for one magical year a decade ago, their track record has been abysmal.

Our sleeping giant of a franchise and our long suffering fan base so needs a shot of fresh blood in the form of new ownership, it's not funny. It is a fool's errand to think the current regime is capable of future results that won't look similar to that of the past 13 years. Reinsdorf purportedly advised his family not too long ago to sell the team in the future upon his passing. Perhaps if that's such a good idea at some point in the future, maybe he could do his family and all of us a favor by selling now so that this team could finally move in a far more positive direction than it's currently experiencing.

a real nice point of view. i can't see anything in it that is not the truth.

the bold, it is kinda of harsh........ but i still like it.