6/14 at Tampa Bay Rays

flavum

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 12:06 AM)
Sale should be untouchable. He is the franchise right now. Also forget farm system. When you are looking to trade a stud player-say Q, you want ML players not ML ready AAA players. The Sox cannot gamble on minor league prospects to turn this around. Now with Shark, you may have to take a AAA ML ready player since he is a rental.

you make a real good point, but teams in the hunt for the playoff will not give up players on the roster.

that is why i am saying players who are on a cusp of breaking in with the big club. now remember this, taking what i am saying, those players would undoubtedly be on the every day roster with the sox and many other teams.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
you make a real good point, but teams in the hunt for the playoff will not give up players on the roster.

that is why i am saying players who are on a cusp of breaking in with the big club. now remember this, taking what i am saying, those players would undoubtedly be on the every day roster with the sox and many other teams.

Understood, but I am not trading Q at the deadline. I would see what offers I got in the offseason where every team is a potential trade partner. By then you will also know how desperate the situation is.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 01:28 AM)
Understood, but I am not trading Q at the deadline. I would see what offers I got in the offseason where every team is a potential trade partner. By then you will also know how desperate the situation is.

a little different in philosophy, i can agree to that.