6/15 at Pittsburgh Pirates

flavum

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)
Send him down. He didn't have command in Charlotte and he doesn't have it here.

He was great of late until this start. With this team not going anywhere this year, they should be using his starts to get him to mix in some change-ups. More focus on development, less focus on results.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
Send him down. He didn't have command in Charlotte and he doesn't have it here.

I was all for him getting at least 10 starts in Charlotte to begin with. Now that the Sox are done, he might as well get his innings with the Sox and be ready for 30+ starts in 2016.

August 11th against Justin Verlander was the last time the Pirates scored five or more runs in an inning.

Five runs on five consecutive hits.

Now we have to sit here and watch one of the many reasons we didn't win in 2012 dominate our line-up, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Of his first 28 pitches, only 4 were sliders. What the hell is with that game plan?

Because he always gets ahead with the fastball and goes for the K with the slider.

He's not used to pitching backwards, and Tyler is afraid to call them early in the count. They needed to make an adjustment more quickly than they did, that's for sure.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)
I was all for him getting at least 10 starts in Charlotte to begin with. Now that the Sox are done, he might as well get his innings with the Sox and be ready for 30+ starts in 2016.

Johnson, Beck, and Micah should be getting playing time too as well

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 11:40 PM)
Johnson, Beck, and Micah should be getting playing time too as well

I assume it will happen once Samardzija gets traded. Plenty of time left for development, as that seems inevitable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
I assume it will happen once Samardzija gets traded. Plenty of time left for development, as that seems inevitable.

Samardzija and Boni gone right after break, shut Carlos down early

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 05:43 PM)
Samardzija and Boni gone right after break, shut Carlos down early

They do need to get him to at least 150 innings pitched first, if not 160ish. 140 is probably the bare minimum, but I imagine they would be more comfortable with 145-165.

Webb now back to warming up instead of Noesi. That's a bit weird. Webb warmed up last inning, then Noesi. Now Webb again.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
Davidson needs to be playing 3B soon for the sox unless they trade for someone

Yup. Trayce too.

Edited by Dunt

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
This lineup vs Liriano has definite no-hit capability. Just not a lineup you can expect to compete.

We could have said the same thing about the Rays' line-up this weekend once you got past Longoria, except they manage to win with pitching, speed, defense and solid fundamentals.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 12:44 AM)
Davidson needs to be playing 3B soon for the sox unless they trade for someone

I don't think Davidson will hit over .200, but if he can play good defense and hit 16-20 homers in a season, I think I would take that at 3b over the current platoon.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 12:48 AM)
Sucks it's gone this way but this team is awful, the run differential tells the story. The games they win are mostly close, many of the losses are blowouts thanks to the offense.

Clean house.

I know this is surprising from me, but I don't even blame Ventura for this mess. The players just flat out suck this season on this team. Never seen a group of veterans just all underachieve like this in the same year.