6/16 White Sox at Pirates

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
Phegley had no future with the organization, neither did Ravelo because of Abreu and LaRoche. Only real value they gave up in my opinion is Semien and he has 21 errors in 63 games.

Sox had and still might have intentions of extending Shark.

Ravelo had a future here. He can hit. Sure, he was ticketed for AAA in 2015, but still had a future here. Too bad he got hurt.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
Phegley had no future with the organization, neither did Ravelo because of Abreu and LaRoche. Only real value they gave up in my opinion is Semien and he has 21 errors in 63 games.

Sox had and still might have intentions of extending Shark.

What does that mean "he had no future with this organization?"

Phegley and Semien would be our 3rd and 4th best hitters on this team, limited as they are.

Even if Ravelo is blocked, you trade him for value, not a 1 year rent.

The Sox get shut out by the likes of Charlie Morton, so I'm of the mind that they could find room for guys who can hit.

As for Williams, his moves from Quentin trade 1 until whenever Hahn took over were abysmal, with only an exception or two. And most of the moves this winter were of the KW variety. So I can't blame solely Hahn.

Edited by GreenSox

Well, one thing's for sure.

If the White Sox signed Chris Young or Brett Anderson and added Kendrys Morales at DH and XYZ player for 1B/LF, the White Sox would be a lot closer to contention...and they'd still have Semien, Ravelo Bassit and Phegley.

They also wouldn't have lost a higher draft pick this past June.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
I can't say that trading 4 young players for a rent, and wasting the opportunity of not selling a single player high were great moves.

Hahn's one confirmed great move was the Peavy trade, and in that case, there was a tradeable commodity and KW was involved.

I have no problem giving him a chance without Williams. But this org. needs a real cleansing.

Not sure it was a great move. He could have had Iglesias but opted for Avi. I thought it was a great move but in hindsight did the Tigers get the better of that deal.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
Exactly. And if we get something better back (trade/draft pick compensation) that turns out to be better than Semien, that's a win in my book.

Would you give up Semien straight up for Samardzija right now? I sure as *** wouldn't if I were the A's. Even if I were 1 game out and in need of pitching.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
What does that mean "he had no future with this organization?"

Phegley and Semien would be our 3rd and 4th best hitters on this team, limited as they are.

Even if Ravelo is blocked, you trade him for value, not a 1 year rent.

The Sox get shut out by the likes of Charlie Morton, so I'm of the mind that they could find room for guys who can hit.

As for Williams, his moves from Quentin trade 1 until whenever Hahn took over were abysmal, with only an exception or two. And most of the moves this winter were of the KW variety. So I can't blame solely Hahn.

Like I said, of course no guarantees, but the Sox intention was/is very much of extending Shark.

Pretty sure he was the guy targeted at the deadline last year before the price got too expensive (Russell)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
Would you give up Semien straight up for Samardzija right now? I sure as *** wouldn't if I were the A's. Even if I were 1 game out and in need of pitching.

If they can't get a guy better than Semien in return then I'd definitely take the comp pick.