Gamethread: White Sox vs Pirates 7:10 PM CSN+

Kyyle23

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Well, the Red Sox and A's are within 1 and 1 1/2 GB.

That's why I said yet.

The A's actually have a positive run differential so its genuinely surprising that they're this low for now. The Red Sox are in the same boat as us, expensive guys underperforming. They might be the team we have to fight with for the AL basement.

Garcia finally made a really good play in RF to save Danks for now.

Wonder how many fans The Shark Tank will have tmrw? Just 930 left to sell, so much for that promotion...doing about as well as The Will to Win and Stir the Drink.

At the rate things are going, there will be more sentimental ND/Cubs' fans filling those seats and feeling sorry for the White Sox than actual Sox fans occupying that section.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
I can't believe some of you guys are following this team day to day still. Kudos to you it's more than I can stomache. With every passing game you just have to wonder how long this coaching staff can hold on. I've very rarely seen such a dead team walking. I played on a few in college and let me tell you it's absolute misery coming to the park. Every guy on this team right isn't having any fun and that is not a recipe for success.

At least fire RV and give them someone new to interact with. I say it every f***ing post but seriously they have nothing to lose, it can't get worse.

It's not every day that you have a chance to see a perfect game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 01:57 AM)
Jesus Christ.

2 different innings I've switched channels to a Simpsons rerun during the commercial break, tuned back thinking "ok break should be over", and the White Sox already had 2 outs.

This is insane. Really not sure how bad some of these players have to do to lose their job. Sanchez is one of the weakest hitters I have ever seen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
Jesus Christ.

2 different innings I've switched channels to a Simpsons rerun during the commercial break, tuned back thinking "ok break should be over", and the White Sox already had 2 outs.

Not even subbing Jesus of Nazareth for Sanchez or Cabrera will break them out of this.

Hawk makes me laugh...

when would the "wrong" time have been this year to play us?

Even when we won 6 in a row it wasn't like we were dropping 8-10 runs on people.

We have been beatable all year...

Only wrong time is when Sale pitches.. and even then our offense is such a joke that we can lose.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:40 PM)
Amazing that Avi is in the low 270s now

Amazing that people are amazed. He's now at -0.3 WAR, good for his 3rd consecutive year of a minus WAR for the White Sox. And yet Rick Hahn called him "untouchable" in leaked trade talks with the Astros, Kenny Williams is convinced a 30 HR, 30 SB season is right around the corner and just about everyone else associated with the Sox thinks he's a future great too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
This is insane. Really not sure how bad some of these players have to do to lose their job. Sanchez is one of the weakest hitters I have ever seen.

Esteban Beltre is one who stands out.

McKay Christensen.

Andy Gonzalez.

Brian Simmons, who was at least a good defender.

Mike Caruso.

Brent Morel/Chris Snopek...PR extraordinaire Rodney McCray, but they didn't let him hit much.

Dave Gallagher and most of the 1985-1987 offense other than Calderon and Baines.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 01:59 AM)
Esteban Beltre is one who stands out.

McKay Christensen.

Andy Gonzalez.

Brian Simmons, who was at least a good defender.

Mike Caruso.

Brent Morel/Chris Snopek.

Sanchez makes Morel look like Mike Schmidt

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 06:59 PM)
I'm fine not seeing Sanchez at the big league level again. He's had plenty of chances this year.

And a good stretch at the end of last year.

But he's young for his level...he'll adjust. Blah blah blah.

He/it/things can't get worse, unless the Mendoza Line of .200 becomes the Cabrera RH/Sanchez Line of .100, but not sure anyone around baseball is still paying attention except scouts hovering like vultures to pick at the remains of our roster.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
Sanchez makes Morel look like Mike Schmidt

I forgot the end of the line-up with Mark Johnson and Royce Clayton...

Funny, because those early 2000's offenses really had a TON of pop except for the last couple of guys.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
And a good stretch at the end of last year.

But he's young for his level...he'll adjust. Blah blah blah.

He/it/things can't get worse, unless the Mendoza Line of .200 becomes the Cabrera RH/Sanchez Line of .100, but not sure anyone around baseball is still paying attention except scouts hovering like vultures to pick at the remains of our roster.

If Justin f***ing Smoak can turn it around, anyone f***ing can. There's a cancer somewhere in this ORG wrt to position player development. I'm not sure where to start cutting, but Buddy Bell, all the minor league instructors, and RV would be a good place to start.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)
Something about deck chairs and the Titanic

Micah sucked defensively in an incredibly small sample. He was made the scapegoat for our teamwide defensive issues. He deserved a longer opportunity with us. Unfortunately, we've now given 100 PAs to a guy with a motherf***ing 3 wRC+ b/c we over-reacted to a handful of bad plays from Micah. It was stupid then, looks even more ridiculous now.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
Micah sucked defensively in an incredibly small sample. He was made the scapegoat for our teamwide defensive issues. He deserved a longer opportunity with us. Unfortunately, we've now given 100 PAs to a guy with a motherf***ing 3 wRC+ b/c we over-reacted to a handful of bad plays from Micah. It was stupid then, looks even more ridiculous now.

There was one clear candidate for second base for the next 6 years and we traded him and other useful pieces for one god damn year of Jeff Samardzija on a poor roster