Music and more Music

LDF

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
The song freedom on beyonces new album is one of the best pop songs I've heard in a while. Kendrick was kind of superfluous on it

I love how Beyoncé works with a lot of indie artist. Chairlift, Sleigh Bells, Arca, Boots, Diplo, Switch, and on this album you can add James Blake, Vampire Weekend and Father John Misty to that list.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (lostfan @ May 6, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)
This video of Prince shredding over While My Guitar Gently Weeps never gets old, ever.

I love this one and the video of him at the 1985 grammys performing "baby your gonna be a star"

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 8, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool: 10/10, AotY. Unbelievable. Tears were shed.

I ordered the Special Edition and can't wait to see them live again.

It might be their best album, Daydreaming is already among their best songs for me with Pyramid Song, How to Disappear, Bloom, Videotape and Lucky.

Did you see the Daydreaming vid live?

Edited by Joshua Strong

I'm really surprised that is happening. Riot Fest must have thrown a ton of cash at them.

I always had the impression that Danzig and Jerry Only really hated each other. Not like normal former band member hate, but like they really despise each other type stuff.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 12, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
I'm really surprised that is happening. Riot Fest must have thrown a ton of cash at them.

I always had the impression that Danzig and Jerry Only really hated each other. Not like normal former band member hate, but like they really despise each other type stuff.

Definitely. Pretty cool though. I had to do a doubletake when I got the email because the watered down second run misfits really bored me the last decade. They played everywhere and I hated their "new" material.

Bout time.

On the sad scale though, i'm not sure if it will be as sad as seeing "the misfits" recently, or more sad seeing what you think should be the misfits but is just a bunch of sweaty skin blobs losing their voice.

Fairly certain Danzig still has a pretty good voice thou.

Replacements were better than they should have been reunited.

i didn't see them. i missed out on all the recent olds reunions (the pixies, etc). i think after i saw sigur ros live i lost all interest in going to any concerts for a while. f*** iceland tbh.

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 12, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
i didn't see them. i missed out on all the recent olds reunions (the pixies, etc). i think after i saw sigur ros live i lost all interest in going to any concerts for a while. f*** iceland tbh.

I had tickets for that show but somehow got the date wrong and was out of town for work :(

edit: wait I second I was thinking of Pavement not the Pixies, still though

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Nixon @ May 12, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)

I saw pixies same year as replacements AFTER kim deal left. It was...not fun. I'm pretty done with these reunions. Seeing Pavement live and them being so terrible was a wakeup call.

Then again, stone roses have a new single out today. I'd probably go see them live.

The Replacements up in Minneapolis in 2014 was by far the best reunion show I've ever seen.

I know that band reunions can be bad and often times disappoint, but it's hard not to get excited when you first hear about them.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 12, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
The Replacements up in Minneapolis in 2014 was by far the best reunion show I've ever seen.

I know that band reunions can be bad and often times disappoint, but it's hard not to get excited when you first hear about them.

They weren't broken up for nearly as long, but my favorite reunion show was when The Darkness got back together in 2011 and toured the US in 2012 to support the "Hot Cakes" album. Their show at Metro in February of 2012 is still one of the best shows I've seen in recent memory.

I have zero interest in the Misfits reunion. I'd best slightly more interested in a Misfits reunion with Michale Graves.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 12, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
Seeing them at Lollapalooza and I'm going to try to see them in California

I would love to hit Lollapalooza, but we just do ACL every year. This is the first year I'm really disappointed with the ACL lineup overall.