Music and more Music

LDF

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 22, 2016 -> 01:25 AM)
Saw Eagles of Death Metal! Highly recommended. They're just ridiculous. I also don't find myself agreeing with their singer, Jesse Hughes. You just kind of deal.

I read he got himself into trouble recently with some things he said on stage, and also he had tweeted some pro gun comments that he had to walk back.

It's hard to really take in what he says at face value, he was in the middle of an extremely traumatic event that no doubt affected him

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 22, 2016 -> 06:50 AM)
I read he got himself into trouble recently with some things he said on stage, and also he had tweeted some pro gun comments that he had to walk back.

It's hard to really take in what he says at face value, he was in the middle of an extremely traumatic event that no doubt affected him

That was my thought as well. I doubt he ever gets to a place where he can even talk about it clearly.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 22, 2016 -> 06:50 AM)

I don't know about the tweet, but he's been open about being pretty conservative in the past. Music is still hilarious/a great time.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 8, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool: 10/10, AotY. Unbelievable. Tears were shed.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 9, 2016 -> 06:58 PM)
I ordered the Special Edition and can't wait to see them live again.

It might be their best album, Daydreaming is already among their best songs for me with Pyramid Song, How to Disappear, Bloom, Videotape and Lucky.

Did you see the Daydreaming vid live?

I have listened to listened to a Moon Shaped Pool about 10 times through. I know that Radiohead is one of those bands that it takes a while to hear all the complexities of their music to really appreciate it. I get them. I just have not yet understood all the love this album is getting. I want to love it but I just dont. There are a few good songs. Full Stop is the best song on the album but all the rest is so damn slow and boring. I wait for the part in each song when they start jamming and he cuts you with his voice but it really never comes. Except for in Full Stop.

Dont get me wrong, his voice is beautiful but I want more from them. In Rainbows definitely delivered more of what I need from Radiohead. Actually I think I may be confusing Hail to the Thief with In Rainbows. I have to check that.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever been to Ruido Fest? I drive past it every year coming from work and every year it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I used to listen to Jaguares and Mana when I was younger but I dont know if they are even around anymore and if they are they probably arent going to play this fest.

What are the good spanish rock/indie bands out there nowadays?

QUOTE (shipps @ May 24, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)
I have listened to listened to a Moon Shaped Pool about 10 times through. I know that Radiohead is one of those bands that it takes a while to hear all the complexities of their music to really appreciate it. I get them. I just have not yet understood all the love this album is getting. I want to love it but I just dont. There are a few good songs. Full Stop is the best song on the album but all the rest is so damn slow and boring. I wait for the part in each song when they start jamming and he cuts you with his voice but it really never comes. Except for in Full Stop.

Dont get me wrong, his voice is beautiful but I want more from them. In Rainbows definitely delivered more of what I need from Radiohead. Actually I think I may be confusing Hail to the Thief with In Rainbows. I have to check that.

Eh, I wouldn't really worry about it. I tried to listen to it once and stopped. I used to listen to Radiohead every day, loved every bit of news about them. One - this album dropped before SUMMER, who the hell wants to listen to this on their deck. Two, it's such a one note album. Also, this is now like the 4th album that is driven by bsides from 20 years ago. In Rainbows was the last surprise I got from Radiohead, and i'll cherish that. I couldn't believe it was as good as it was.

And I go back and think " I wonder if radiohead was ever that good", but then I listen to the opening of no surprises, or let down, or whatever, even the worst songs from amnesiac, and I can live in that world.

But moon shaped pool, and the king of limbs, and there is no world there. It sucks but the amount of great material they put out is incredible, and it's hard to stay interesting for so long.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
I was there too. Best guitar concert since SRV and Clapton for me.

I waited all night for November Rain and it was the only song I was disappointed in. Piano sounded tinty, seemed like Axel forgot lines, and no Slash solo. Maybe just me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
I waited all night for November Rain and it was the only song I was disappointed in. Piano sounded tinty, seemed like Axel forgot lines, and no Slash solo. Maybe just me.

I had the exact same thought! That was the only song that was disappointing. I even liked the Pink Floyd and Who covers. I thought the piano and guitar for the instrumental Layla was really good though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)

I was at the show as well. You are remembering wrong on the no Slash solo thing. All solos were present and accounted for. Overall I thought it sounded pretty good. A hard song to pull of live for sure.

On a side note, Steven Adler played two songs with GNR last night in Cincy. Played Out Ta Get Me and My Michelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7sInic8ZFA

He definitely has a better feel for the songs than Ferrer does though I don't think it would be possible for Adler to handle a full 2.5 hour show anymore. I think Ferrer is a good drummer he just pushes the tempo a bit much for GNR.

I saw Peter Gabriel/Sting at the UC Saturday night. I never have been a big fan of Sting's solo career. I did like the Police, but he was fantastic, as was Peter Gabriel. My wife is a huge Sting fan, that's the only reason I went, but I'm glad I did. They had both of their bands set up on stage and they would alternate tunes, and occasionally collaborate. They played for almost 3 hours. Outstanding show.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
I have discovered what it takes for me to share a video of Coldplay performing.

They have to be joined on stage. By Michael J. Fox. For a rendition of Johnny B. Goode.

That must have been awesome in person! What a cool experience. :notworthy