Multiple Victims in Charleston SC Church Shooting

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
Because that is a common stereotype that people in this country actually believe. I don't think people generally in this country believe that southern conservatives are murderers. But hey, perhaps i'm wrong.

The SPLC hate group certainly thinks so.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
Its pretty ridiculous that some peoples immediate reaction is to try to assign this idiot to a political party to suit their agenda.

Yup. Balta went there on page 2, not even 20 posts into it. Surprised it took that long.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
Why anyone put this in the buster is beyond me. It was only a matter of time before it got political.

I don't care about his beliefs. I don't care about the "bigger picture" because there is none, except in people's twisted minds looking for an agenda or wanting to fit it into one. There is evil in this world. If shooting people as they prayed in their own church isn't evil, then let's just pack it all in. Ignore him and whatever nonsense he will spew. Don't give him the satisfaction. Focus on the victims, focus on those left behind.

All I want to hear about this guy is he's be found guilty and then when he's put to death.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
Yup. Balta went there on page 2, not even 20 posts into it. Surprised it took that long.

I was going after the "commonly made racist remarks part" of that quote and not thinking about the Conservative beliefs part. That was, for once, not my intention, that was in the original quote from the person who knew the shooter.

Roommate Says Charleston Suspect Planned Shooting For 6 Months

The roommate of the white, 21-year old man who allegedly massacred nine people at a historic black church in Charleston, South Carolina said Thursday that he thought the suspect had been planning the attack for about six months.

Dalton Tyler told ABC News that he'd known Dylann Storm Roof for about seven months to a year. Tyler told the news outlet that he last saw Roof about a week ago and knew he'd been planning something like the Charleston church attack "for six months."

“He was big into segregation and other stuff,” Tyler told ABC News. “He said he wanted to start a civil war. He said he was going to do something like that and then kill himself.”

why wasn't he reported?

Someone called in a bomb threat to the vigil for the murder victims at a neighboring town's AME Church.

http://www.wspa.com/story/29353916/bomb-th...rleston-victims

Forty-five minutes in, that peaceful message was interrupted by the threat of more violence.

“Let's start from the front. Let's go, expeditiously please. But with honor, with honor," said Rev. James E. Speed to the crowd, urging them to keep calm as they evacuated.

“Once we were out, then it settled in what possibly could have happened,” said Speed.

At the time, Greenville Police were still on the phone with a man who claimed he had placed a bomb inside the building.

“He gave some specific information about the container it was contained in and when it would detonate,” said Greenville Police Chief Ken Miller.

After an anxious hour and a half, police felt confident enough the threat was a hoax to let people back inside.

Johnson said the survivor told her the gunman, addressing her son, said, "You all rape women and you're taking over our country."

The gunman added, “I have to do what I have to do," Johnson said, quoting the survivor.

The survivor said it wasn't until the end of Bible study when the suspect just started shooting, according to Johnson. The survivor said the suspect loaded his gun about five times.

The survivor, who is elderly, who spoke with Johnson and her 5-year-old granddaughter are two of the three people who survived the shooting. According to Johnson, when the gunman saw the elderly woman was alive, he asked her, "Did I shoot you?"

When the elderly woman said "No," the gunman said, "Good, because I need someone to survive," and said he was going to shoot himself, the survivor told Johnson. "And you'll be the only survivor."

https://gma.yahoo.com/charleston-shooting-g...topstories.html

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 06:11 PM)
I don't care about his beliefs. I don't care about the "bigger picture" because there is none, except in people's twisted minds looking for an agenda or wanting to fit it into one. There is evil in this world. If shooting people as they prayed in their own church isn't evil, then let's just pack it all in. Ignore him and whatever nonsense he will spew. Don't give him the satisfaction. Focus on the victims, focus on those left behind.

All I want to hear about this guy is he's be found guilty and then when he's put to death.

I finally agree with Alpha Dog. You know I know he deserves a fair trial and all that mularkey. But when we know a guy did it (there is NO DOUBT this guy is the killer, none) like the Colorado movie theatre piece of s*** and this guy ... I mean I just want him executed ASAP. I hate that his name now is known throughout the world forever. I hate that the networks will all do long pieces on this piece of s***. We'll soon know more about his life than Chris Sale's and Corey Crawford's. I just want him to leave this earth pronto. This motherf***er went into a church and killed all those people who just wanted to worship in a community of fellowship.

Again ... our country has an epidemic of this kind of thing and it truly is sickening. We're so used to it people talk about it like its common place on talk shows and message boards like I'm doing. The reality is 9 more people got blown off the face of the earth by some punk asshole. Now this punk is famous. I know we need to know and have the right to know but it sickens me. It also sickens me that many of you now are going to post stuff telling me basically to go stifle that he has rights, etc. We're so used to this crap in America, a once great country. Nobody can say America is truly great anymore, not with all of these madmen killing people and currently plotting similar atrocious acts!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
Assuming the reports are correct that he's a white extremist, these deaths mean that 41 murders have been committed by white supremacists since the beginning of the Obama administration.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/201...since_1995.html

That actually seems surprisingly low to me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 04:42 AM)
Doesn't matter what his political views are. He is a raging racist. He said so himself yet the media and their Governor want to deny that is the motive.

Fox keeps driving home that this is a religion motivated attack

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/politics/oba...ting/index.html

Here comes the gun control argument again...

But the President said the shooting should refocus attention on preventing potential killers from getting their hands on guns.

This is an awesome idea. We just need to get everyone that may potentially kill someone with a gun at some point in the future to register for a list so we make sure nobody ever sells them a gun.

Or maybe we should just leave it up to the gun sellers to ask the question "Are you going to kill someone with this gun if I sell it to you?"

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
This is an awesome idea. We just need to get everyone that may potentially kill someone with a gun at some point in the future to register for a list so we make sure nobody ever sells them a gun.

Or maybe we should just leave it up to the gun sellers to ask the question "Are you going to kill someone with this gun if I sell it to you?"

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We should make people sign a contract saying they will not do anything illegal with their purchase too.

South Carolina's Confederate Flag Not Lowered to Half-Staff After Massacre

In solemn tribute to the nine people gunned down at a Charleston church, two flags atop the statehouse in Columbia, South Carolina, were lowered to half-staff on Thursday. They will stay there for nine days in honor of each victim.

But in a bewildering display, a Confederate flag on statehouse grounds is still flying high. It wasn't an oversight. It's because of state law, according to reports.

Take Down the Confederate Flag—Now