06/18/2014 Swashbucklers at Dirty Laundry

Quin

Gerritt Cole is really f***ing good this year.

Jeff Samardzjia hasn't been. Shown flashes, but damn, might be able to get his ass at a discount lest he turns it around. TONIGHT. He must become the Punisher.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
If we lose today did that mean we got swept once or twice? I know it's the same team but technically it's two different series.

I guess it's technically two separate 2-game series, but every team is playing one of these 2 home/2 away interleague series.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
If we lose today did that mean we got swept once or twice? I know it's the same team but technically it's two different series.

That would make 3 getting swepts in a row

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Has a manager ever had as big of a leash as f***ing Robin Ventura?

Man in San Diego who just was removed.

Gonna guess sox down 7-0 in first inning, offense will continue to rival the Phillies for its putridness.

We thought we were hanging around .500 until we put it together, it was actually hanging around until the inevitable collapse.

One of the worst teams I've ever had the privilege of watching (not worst in record, but certainly worst to watch). 07 when Jerry Owens came up was more fun.

I'll never be fooled by shortcuts in offseasons again.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
Man in San Diego who just was removed.

Gonna guess sox down 7-0 in first inning, offense will continue to rival the Phillies for its putridness.

We thought we were hanging around .500 until we put it together, it was actually hanging around until the inevitable collapse.

One of the worst teams I've ever had the privilege of watching (not worst in record, but certainly worst to watch). 07 when Jerry Owens came up was more fun.

I'll never be fooled by shortcuts in offseasons again.

The difference is that the Padres had lowest quartile payrolls after getting rid of Peavy in 2009 and still had respective/competitive teams (two late-season collapses, but close a lot of times until the Dodgers/Giants dynasties took off) for most of that time until the deck was completely stacked against them (giving away their best players to the Cubs, for example).

At any rate, the White Sox in 2013 and 2015 had bigger expectations than every one of those teams except for maybe THIS year's San Diego team...and the reason for the failure this year is 1) injuries and 2) the fact that Preller made some of the same mistakes Hahn did, like thinking he could expect Kemp to be at MVP/All-Star level again (he parallels well with Melky).

The White Sox have been more or less healthy for the entire season, with a couple of exceptions like Sale at the beginning, Avi for a week...Abreu for a stretch, but no major injuries.

gonna watch the blackhawks rally on DVR over this. The only thing to make this game interesting would be if a position player pitches. Who would be the Sox choice? Bonifacio?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Has a manager ever had as big of a leash as f***ing Robin Ventura?

For whatever reason, baseball seems to tolerate poor results more than any other sport in the game. Sure, the season has 162 games in a season, but it doesn't mean an organization must hold onto a manager just because that manager has a positive relationship with higher-up management. I think we can all agree Robin Ventura is not the managerial type and definitely does not have what it takes to manage a group of young players along with a combination of no-clue veteran players like Adam LaRoche and Melky Cabrera.