06/18/2014 Swashbucklers at Dirty Laundry

Quin

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
I know pilimg on Alexei is fun, but anyone who has ever played even little league knows that was Eaton's play. He can't assume Alexei is goimg to make the play. Run to it and call everyome off.

Farmer and DJ disagree with you.

But they have an anti-Alexei agenda, I guess.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
Farmer and DJ disagree with you.

But they have an anti-Alexei agenda, I guess.

It is the CF's ball Eaton needs to quit being polite and be a ball hog. Alexei did act like he was going to make a play on it, but it still is Eaton's job to call him off. I suspect simce Alexei sort of showed him up, that won't be an issue anymore.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
Not to worry. I read today in Bruce Levine's column that Mr. Reinsdorf is very "frustrated" with the whole situation, so I expect major changes in philosophy and personnel as it relates to drafting and assembling a Major League roster to be forthcoming any day now.

Only if he's terminally ill....and no, I'm not hoping for that. But it is, in fact, the only way anything changes.

QUOTE (joegraz @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
Only if he's terminally ill....and no, I'm not hoping for that. But it is, in fact, the only way anything changes.

I was being facetious. I expect no substantial changes from the Chairman whatsoever.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
It is the CF's ball Eaton needs to quit being polite and be a ball hog. Alexei did act like he was going to make a play on it, but it still is Eaton's job to call him off. I suspect simce Alexei sort of showed him up, that won't be an issue anymore.

After 1 1/2 seasons together, they should be able to communicate out there a lot better with each other than what we just witnessed.

Alexei needs to realize more quickly that the ball's going to be a difficult play for him and stop backpedaling only to bail out when it's too late for Eaton...the body language there from both players was telling, hands on their hips, each blaming the other.

Needless to say, that shouldn't be happening.