6/19 - White Sox vs Rangers

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
Yeah, not sure what else he is suppose to say.

The sad thing is...that's become a completely fair question.

Hell at least people are still asking questions enough to care. The end of the season they won't even bother.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)

Hell at least people are still asking questions enough to care. The end of the season they won't even bother.

It's valid but it was the correct response. If he responded with any other answer I would have been worried.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)

It is a legit question. I was hope he was asked how he felt about not getting to go out for the 9th or what he and Robin talking about in the dugout

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
It is a legit question. I was hope he was asked how he felt about not getting to go out for the 9th or what he and Robin talking about in the dugout

Or about the obvious pine tar on his hand lol

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
Hey--guess what, kids?

If the A's win, the Sox will have the worst record in the AL on June 19.

Oak did have a 7-2 lead over the Angels but close to blowing it...looks like the White Sox will have to wait.

Pujols GS (20), Angels score seven runs and only one out recorded (Zobrist made an error as well) in the top of the seventh.

Another error in the inning, three on the game. Now three errors in one inning, four for the game. Eight runs and counting.

White Sox and A's are mirror images of each other.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 09:26 PM)
Who f***ing cares about pitch count? Let the man finish what he started for gods sake.

This is a really bad and stupid post. Wow. He threw 125 pitches on Sunday. He's the #1 asset in the organization. And you want to trot him out there for 120+ pitches when the team spent $46 million on a closer?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
This is a really bad and stupid post. Wow. He threw 125 pitches on Sunday. He's the #1 asset in the organization. And you want to trot him out there for 120+ pitches when the team spent $46 million on a closer?

I think pitch counts are overrated personally. Look at all those guys in the past that threw 120+ pitches consistently. Did they ever get hurt? No. I think the reason more and more pitchers are getting hurt in recent years is because they are babied like crazy.

As soon as I saw Robertson on the mound I knew what was going to happen.

The absolute stupidity of this coaching staff is amazing.

Roberston has been shaky for awhile now... 7 game losing streak - all the pressure.

You let Sale go out there- if he gives up a base runner or two then you bring in Robertson - give him a chance to be a hero.

All Robin did was give a scared pitcher a chance to be the goat.

I had enough of Robin. I knew he was a fraud at the end of the 2012.

At some point you need to win a F****** game and not worry about 10 GD pitches.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 12:04 AM)

Roberston has been shaky for awhile now... 7 game losing streak - all the pressure.

You let Sale go out there- if he gives up a base runner or two then you bring in Robertson - give him a chance to be a hero.

This is exactly my thinking as well.

I know 71 wins instead of 70 really means nothing in the scheme of things, but this is a game that Sale could and should have finished and won on his own.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 19, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)

If after all that time with the glare of the spotlight pitching for Yankees and with Rivera as his mentor leaves him scared pitching for a last place team, the White Sox really are snakebitten in an almost inexplicable way.

I have no problem with Robin going to Robertson. 125 pitches last outing, 111 this, as Robin said he has to protect the crown jewel plus they have a $14 million a year closer that hasn't been used. Last year Trout homered off Sale with 115 pitches with nowhere near Robertson in the pen, and in hindsight he was called an idiot for leaving him in. People have been saying this season is over. If you believe that, why would winning last night be so important you would be willing to risk Sale's health?

One sad fact, since 2012, Sale has 4 starts where he has gone at least 8 innings without giving up an earned run and didn't get the win,

Hopefully some of the guys can learna lesson from Robertson owning up after the game instead of hiding like Alexei did when he blew the game.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
I have no problem with Robin going to Robertson. 125 pitches last outing, 111 this, as Robin said he has to protect the crown jewel plus they have a $14 million a year closer that hasn't been used. Last year Trout homered off Sale with 115 pitches with nowhere near Robertson in the pen, and in hindsight he was called an idiot for leaving him in. People have been saying this season is over. If you believe that, why would winning last night be so important you would be willing to risk Sale's health?

One sad fact, since 2012, Sale has 4 starts where he has gone at least 8 innings without giving up an earned run and didn't get the win,

Hopefully some of the guys can learna lesson from Robertson owning up after the game instead of hiding like Alexei did when he blew the game.

well said.......

ref the bold, can you pls expand on that for those who live outside ILL.

before they move this thread, start a new one. i hope you don't mind.

many thanks.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 07:56 AM)
well said.......

ref the bold, can you pls expand on that for those who live outside ILL.

before they move this thread, start a new one. i hope you don't mind.

many thanks.

Ronertson said he sucked, he took the blame for the loss. When Alexei's spin o rama for no reason cost the Sox a game, he was "unavailable" afterwards to the media.