6/20 vs Texas Rangers

flavum

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
Abreu has been a major disappointment too honestly.

How, nobody throws him pitches to hit. He's basically been neutralized due to the or performances of the players around him. Even with that being said he's having a good year

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
I don't understand how those replays take 5+ minutes usually.

I distinctly remember the whole point of calling New York was that they were supposed to have seen the play and have the answer in hand before the umps even get the headsets on.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Rangers lost the review rest of game right............wrong they can ask for umpire review so losing challenge does not mean s***.

Umps would have the right to say no now to the Rangers, but in the case of a really close play the umps would rather get it right, and we'd probably prefer that anyway.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
Umps would have the right to say no now to the Rangers, but in the case of a really close play the umps would rather get it right, and we'd probably prefer that anyway.

No umpire request has been denied in 2015. The challenge system as it stands today is a joke.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Rangers lost the review rest of game right............wrong they can ask for umpire review so losing challenge does not mean s***.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
No umpire request has been denied in 2015.

The whole system sucks. And a good percentage of the time they don't get it right on replay anyway.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
The whole system sucks. And a good percentage of the time they don't get it right on replay anyway.

I definitely think it does help but these shouldn't take 3 minutes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
I definitely think it does help but these shouldn't take 3 minutes.

Maybe they should change it to where they can't use stop motion to review safe/out calls on the basepaths. Just use slow motion to review the play. If it's close enough to where you have to use stop action and look at it over and over then the call on the field should stand.

Replay should only overturn gross errors by the umps. Otherwise, go all the way and automate the ball/strike calls to remove all of the human element.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man