Well, it's that time of year again....2015 edition

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
Don't have to "root" for fifth in division. Those losses will take care of themselves. Sox aren't going to suddenly play well in divisional games the final four weeks.

I think they could go 7-15 in the division games and 2-6 vs the Yankees and A's. Where would that put them closing out the season 9-21?

Since I told you they have 25 division games, and 34 overall, I have no idea what you're talking about. Which I guess isn't a surprise.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
Loss for the Sox and wins by Detroit and Seattle tonight. Could jump as high as 7th pick by the end of the week.

To be 7th, they'll have to be worst team in the AL. That would be a good way to put an exclamation point on this season.

You guys don't even need to follow this. We play Central Div. teams all month which means a ton of losing. You are going to have to put up with about 8-10 wins, though, just law of averages. The rest will be L's so why follow it? You're going to get your wish.

I had a chance AGAIN to see sox-royals for free friday night. Am gonna decline for same reason I did 2 weeks ago. Don't need to see the carnage in front of a full stadium. Sox are due to win ONE in Kauffman however, though I do not think they'll get that win this weekend. Three more Ls to KC.

Edited by greg775

there are many ways of being a fan, even if it means loosing in order to ensure a better pick in the draft.

there is nothing wrong on that or for that way of thinking.

i prefer for the sox to win, and if they loose, oh well. they gave it a try.

but i will not look down on anyone to cheer for them loosing for a lousy season.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
there are many ways of being a fan, even if it means loosing in order to ensure a better pick in the draft.

but i will not look down on anyone to cheer for them loosing for a lousy season.

I can never be giddy about this when they are bad at scouting, development and only go for a pitcher.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 06:01 AM)
I can never be giddy about this when they are bad at scouting, development and only go for a pitcher.

well the next draft may be all the same. there is the BPA, and depending on where the sox pick, it might be another pitcher.

3 maybe 4 positional players in the top 15 so far, if the draft was held today. however all that may change come next yr. some fall some will come out of no where to really impress and some will really solidify their standing.

Yes we used to be pretty horrible at drafting and scouting, but IMO they've had very solid drafts the last few years since Hahn took over, it will be a few more years before we can really evaluate them.

Also continuing to pick pitchers is not really a problem. It's what the Sox do well and if you end up with too much pitching then you can just trade it for hitting. It's not a big deal.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 12:13 AM)

Hey, the cubbies plan was to lose and look at the players they now have.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 03:57 AM)
Hey, the cubbies plan was to lose and look at the players they now have.

do you really want to compare the sox to the northside?????

that is like scrapping the stuff some will step in ..... sometimes.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
do you really want to compare the sox to the northside?????

that is like scrapping the stuff some will step in ..... sometimes.

i believe this is as right as 9-4.

9. Chicago White Sox

8. Boston Red Sox

7. Detroit Tigers

6. Milwaukee Brewers

5. Oakland Athletics

4. Cincinnati Reds

3. Colorado Rockies

2. Atlanta Braves

1. Philadelphia Phillies

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 11:43 PM)
i believe this is as right as 9-4.

9. Chicago White Sox

8. Boston Red Sox

7. Detroit Tigers

6. Milwaukee Brewers

5. Oakland Athletics

4. Cincinnati Reds

3. Colorado Rockies

2. Atlanta Braves

1. Philadelphia Phillies

something just occurred to me, i look at some different win lost standings and i am not has correct in making this list. any corrections would be appreciated.