Has Alexei been affected by Minnie's death?

Quin

My dad has been on the dump Alexei train all year and thinks he is the biggest issue with the team.

Yesterday he wondered if Minnie's passing has been weighing on Alexei, especially considering how the last time Alexei had a year like this he had been dealing with a death in the family.

Thoughts?

Minnie was over 90 and has had health issues leading up to his death, so it wasn't one of those things where no one saw coming.

Javier Baez lost his sister whom he was extremely close to this year, and had to take a few weeks off and came back and still tore up Triple A leading up to his injury. And I would assume Baez's relationship with his sister would be more significant than Alexei and Minnie's.

I believe we had the same speculation with Dunn and his son's illness after his awful first year, but realized that Dunn is just a bad player at the point. If I have to bet my money, I'd say Alexei is just a shell of his former self.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 05:17 PM)
My dad has been on the dump Alexei train all year and thinks he is the biggest issue with the team.

Yesterday he wondered if Minnie's passing has been weighing on Alexei, especially considering how the last time Alexei had a year like this he had been dealing with a death in the family.

Thoughts?

He had a real hard time with his father-in-law's passing

I doubt it. IIRC, he went through something much more difficult a few years ago when his father in law was killed/murdered. I don't remember all of the details, but I remember hearing about it towards the end of that season and being impressed with Alexei's fortitude.

But he has been just awful this year.