10. EAlvarez (out on a limb)

11. Hawkins

12. TThompson

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Surprised to see so many with Danish ahead of Adams. Anyone care to elaborate? Just curious.

Splitting hairs for me. I could have easily put Adams or Trey ahead of the other two.

I've been on the Danish wagon from Day 1, and I'm not abandoning the kid as he goes through some growing pains -confident he'll figure out a way to improve against lefties, and his command in general. He's probably working on a variety of things that aren't necessarily ideal for game performance.

He and Adams both have time to figure things out. Adams certainly has the projectable frame, velocity etc. I have a very good feeling about Tyler Danish as a finished product - just hope it's as a starter.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 06:19 PM)
My guess for at season end:

1. Fulmer

2. Anderson

3. Montas

4. Micah (if still a prospect)

5. Danish

6. Trey

7. Adams

8. May

9. Adolfo

10. EAlvarez (out on a limb)

11. Hawkins

12. TThompson

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
1. Carson Fulmer RHP

2. Tim Anderson SS

3. Spencer Adams RHP

4. Frankie Montas RHP

5. Trey Michalczewski 3B

6. Tyler Danish RHP

7. Micker Adolfo OF

8. Courtney Hawkins OF

9. Micah Johnson 2B

10. Jason Coats OF

bold face for bold choices.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)

Thanks, I guess. :D I see Eddy's not in some folks' top 30's.

I see a potential OBP machine and an advanced approach that might translate as he advances. Age obviously works against him, so don't hold the kid back. If he rakes the next couple weeks, would like to see him get a taste of B'Ham plus their playoffs, at 3B, or at 2B moving DeMichele to 3B. (SS, if they happen to promote Timmy)

I want to set him up as much as possible for a mid-season 2016, or so, callup. Next year's Saladino?

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)

Coats' ceiling may not be as high as some of our other prospects, but his floor is amongst the highest in our system IMO. I think he's a virtual lock to make it to the bigs and he has a pretty good chance to hang around for awhile.

If he can play a competent CF on occasion then he profiles as a solid, all-around 4th OF with a decent chance to be a starter.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 11:24 PM)
Several radio guys after the game today mentioned multiple times that our farm system is "barren" and that we had nothing down there to trade. It might not be super deep or loaded, but we're definitely middle of the pack, right?

Radio guys in this town know nothing about the White Sox system. I think White Sox are somewhere between like 16-23 as far as systems go.

Several radio guys after the game today mentioned multiple times that our farm system is "barren" and that we had nothing down there to trade. It might not be super deep or loaded, but we're definitely middle of the pack, right?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)
Radio guys in this town know nothing about the White Sox system. I think White Sox are somewhere between like 16-23 as far as systems go.

It's definitely a lower half system, beyond that it is hard to say.

Looking at the T30 list we are publishing next week... think of the system talent depth as a graphical function. A typical system, with value as the Y axis and rank of player as the X axis, would be a more or less straight line from top left to bottom right for that team's top X number of players.

The White Sox system is comparable in the first 3 or 4, but then dips dramatically from 5-ish to the late teens. Then the curve flattens and passes back through and above the typical system for the bottom 10 or so guys among the T30. That's what it looks like to me right now.

As for trading value, sadly, that's bad - because the prospects most often traded are not the top 2 or 3, but in the tier below that, where the current system is weakest relative to other systems and even historically this system.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:42 AM)

Has to be the most loaded it's been in forever, curious to see FutureSox's top 30 because MLB.com is a little off, i noticed our top 3 prospects are all flawed too Anderson with fielding, Fulmer with size and mechanics, and Montas may be a reliever, guess people can find negatives in everything

The White Sox were just rated with 3 guys in the top 100 MLB prospects.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
The White Sox were just rated with 3 guys in the top 100 MLB prospects.

That said, under no scenario, could our farm system be rated as anything other then middle of the pack to slightly worse then middle of the pack.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
That said, under no scenario, could our farm system be rated as anything other then middle of the pack to slightly worse then middle of the pack.

If you divide 100 player by the 30 teams, each team should have three guys in there (on average), as we do. I feel like average to slightly below average is fair. Bad is not.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)

Agreed but "middle of the pack to slightly worse than middle of the pack" is a far cry from "barren". We're not the freaking Tigers.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)

I agree. But 3 in the top 65 isn't bad.

Law had us 10-15 last January.

Edited by GreenSox