Your Mid-Season Top 30 Prospects

GGajewski18

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
I don't see Johnson's speed translating to the majors either.

I don't understand this post. His speed is his speed. He's 70 grade or better. That doesn't change based on majors vs minors.

Are you saying you think he won't steal bases effectively or prolifically, due to technique? That's certainly possible. Though even then the speed has other positive effects on the basepaths.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
I don't see Johnson's speed translating to the majors either.

his speed is not a factor and i would imagine that is why it is not being discussed. the 2 main skills that is a under discussion is his defense and offense.

that is my thoughts.

He doesn't have that kind of bat...MAYBE Tim Anderson does, or Hawkins, but Micah's a still a ways off from being a poor man's Tony Phillips.

We need him at 2B.

Another small problem, we already have three DH's in Abreu, LaRoche and Avi, not to mention Melky Cabrera. Gillaspie, if you want to keep going.

I was thinking of next year.

Think this summer is the perfect time to call up Davidson, Micah Johnson, Erik Johnson, Thompson, and even Leury from CHA, can't hurt us now and it's a lot lighter on Jerry's pockets if that's what he's worried about, Davidson has LaRoche's bat, Johnson was batting .270, Erik has returned to Top 100 prospect form, and Trayce can replace Melky if LF, while Leury can replace Gillaspie or Beckham as a utility, call the youth up and see what we have

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
Think this summer is the perfect time to call up Davidson, Micah Johnson, Erik Johnson, Thompson, and even Leury from CHA, can't hurt us now and it's a lot lighter on Jerry's pockets if that's what he's worried about, Davidson has LaRoche's bat, Johnson was batting .270, Erik has returned to Top 100 prospect form, and Trayce can replace Melky if LF, while Leury can replace Gillaspie or Beckham as a utility, call the youth up and see what we have

I can see cases for most of those, but I personally don't see anything with Leury. Would rather use Sanchez in any role Leury would take.

But I also think you're going overboard on the comps here. Thinking Davidson "has LaRoche's bat" is very ambitious for Davidson, you're not mentioning that Micah's defense is the question with him, and Trayce's value declines if you put him on the corner.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
I can see cases for most of those, but I personally don't see anything with Leury. Would rather use Sanchez in any role Leury would take.

But I also think you're going overboard on the comps here. Thinking Davidson "has LaRoche's bat" is very ambitious for Davidson, you're not mentioning that Micah's defense is the question with him, and Trayce's value declines if you put him on the corner.

i agree very much on the bold esp Micah defense.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)

Point is I'd rather see them in the lineup, Davidson has been on a tear in CHA actually and is homerun or strike out just like LaRoche for 12 million cheaper, Leury can be a solid utility on a s*** team though, CWS qualifies as one

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
Point is I'd rather see them in the lineup, Davidson has been on a tear in CHA actually and is homerun or strike out just like LaRoche for 12 million cheaper, Leury can be a solid utility on a s*** team though, CWS qualifies as one

So walks don't count? LaRoche has walked a ton. I'd like to see Davidson as well but saying he'd replace LaRoche's production isn't accurate. Also, Melky isn't going anywhere.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
This team is 12 below .500 I could care less about inconsistent defense, he'd fit right in

and if he doesn't improve, the sox will need to address that, as they were forced to address it this yr.

it was too bad to let it continue. so the sox org needed to bring up Sanchez and sacrifice the offense for a better defense.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)

Davidson will be batting in the 175-200 range.... this would be a laughter or the laughing stock in the whole baseball.

as if the sox isn't already.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
So walks don't count? LaRoche has walked a ton. I'd like to see Davidson as well but saying he'd replace LaRoche's production isn't accurate. Also, Melky isn't going anywhere.

Production? Not worried about anyone producing anymore this year, Hahn must love getting those high draft picks, I'm talking about his role as the Adam Dunn/Adam LaRoche of this lineup, and while I also think Melky stays he's been pathetic offensively this year and if I'm Jerry (who has no interest in this team), I'm not paying him in a lost season

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 07:59 AM)
Production? Not worried about anyone producing anymore this year, Hahn must love getting those high draft picks, I'm talking about his role as the Adam Dunn/Adam LaRoche of this lineup, and while I also think Melky stays he's been pathetic offensively this year and if I'm Jerry (who has no interest in this team), I'm not paying him in a lost season

Nobody is taking Melky Cabrera off their hands though. How exactly would Jerry decide to not pay him in a lost season?

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
Via trade bud

1. That would be the definition of selling low

2. You aren't getting anything in return for him and you'd have to send money with him

The likelihood of him being traded is very low, and it doesn't make much sense for the club to trade him at this point.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
BP has Anderson #22 on their top 50 midseason prospects. Montas made the just missed list.

I think that was a typo on Twitter, I am seeing Anderson at 12 on the actual list. Surprisingly, he is ahead of JP Crawford.