6/22 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
"I'll tell you what, Stone Pony, when we get this thing turned around there's gonna be a whole buncha folks wishin' they'd stayed on that bandwagon." #thingsIwantHawktosay

I'm out Stoney, F*** this! This team can kiss all or part of my ass!

#thingsIwantHawktosay

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
"I'll tell you what, Stone Pony, when we get this thing turned around there's gonna be a whole buncha folks wishin' they'd stayed on that bandwagon." #thingsIwantHawktosay

White Sox fans be like: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
I think you missed the point. The sub. usually meant no "real" work.

No, it's hard to miss it as a teacher.

Yes, there are some players (especially veterans like Alexei, Cabrera or Samardzija) who are ready to let the string play out or perhaps hoping for a trade, but I can't imagine the likes of Chris Sale, LaRoche or Robertson like losing one bit.

Folks, we have officially reached the "they're so bad it's good" phase of the season. With the exception of Abreu, Sale and Avi, I really don't care for any of these players so whatever happens happens. I don't hate the others but let's just say if I were 10 years old and opened a pack of Topps I'd toss their card aside. As it is now, I chuckle when Flowers whiffs or let's a ball get by his fat ass. I still like Danks because he seems like a really good guy but a really bad pitcher. And I still don't think Robin Ventura is a bad coach. He might be good, he might be bad, but when you give him this s*** box and tell him to make it sing, what's he supposed to do?

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
I do hate John Danks. Probably not since Danny Wright have I wanted a White Sox pitcher to be gone.

Sadly, both had the talent/ability to be much frontline starters but injuries derailed their careers, especially Wright's. Once he lost his stuff, he couldn't adjust.

Danks is more reminiscent of Jim Parque against Mike Cameron than 2008 Blackout Game Danks.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
I do hate John Danks. Probably not since Danny Wright have I wanted a White Sox pitcher to be gone.

Ahhh he was so bad. I remember Hawk defending him all the time too.

I coach 9 and 10 year old girls softball and I enjoy telling the same few girls every game where left and right field is more than I enjoy watching this garbage tonight. So stupid. So uninspired. So unnecessary. The Sox love giving runs to the Twins while taking away runs for themselves.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)

I paid good money for primo seats to a game he pitched against the Angels. Sox lost 19-0.

My hatred for Danny > yours!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Folks, we have officially reached the "they're so bad it's good" phase of the season. With the exception of Abreu, Sale and Avi, I really don't care for any of these players so whatever happens happens. I don't hate the others but let's just say if I were 10 years old and opened a pack of Topps I'd toss their card aside. As it is now, I chuckle when Flowers whiffs or let's a ball get by his fat ass. I still like Danks because he seems like a really good guy but a really bad pitcher. And I still don't think Robin Ventura is a bad coach. He might be good, he might be bad, but when you give him this s*** box and tell him to make it sing, what's he supposed to do?

Quintana has pitched in so much bad luck/defensive breakdowns/lack of run support for SO long, he's forgotten how to be elite like he when he first came up in 2012 and for much of 2013 and 2014.

And, whether we like it or not, we're kind of stuck with Eaton out there as well...

Finally, Robertson, when his cutter's on like the first 6-7 weeks of the season, he's a lot of fun to watch as well. I'm hoping this recent slide is more of an indication of overuse than a Jonathan Papelbon-esque decline into Albatross Contract status.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
Sadly, both had the talent/ability to be much frontline starters but injuries derailed their careers, especially Wright's. Once he lost his stuff, he couldn't adjust.

Danks is more reminiscent of Jim Parque against Mike Cameron than 2008 Blackout Game Danks.

Lmao! I was at the game Cameron smacked 4 HR's.

Well, I'm g!ad tonight's game is finished. Hopefully Samardzija pitches well again tomorrow.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
Ahhh he was so bad. I remember Hawk defending him all the time too.

I coach 9 and 10 year old girls softball and I enjoy telling the same few girls every game where left and right field is more than I enjoy watching this garbage tonight. So stupid. So uninspired. So unnecessary. The Sox love giving runs to the Twins while taking away runs for themselves.

That has been the case since 2001, and, before that, the late 80's, early 90's.

I miss Paciorek saying Tom Kelly's "working himself up into a lather." Or Hawk going on and on about Brad Radke, Johan Santana, Corey Koskie, Christian Guzman, Doug Mientkiewicz, Luis Rivas and how good they were defensively....and all those outfielders and random players like Lew Ford or Denny Hocking or Matt Lecroy or Albert Blanco who would constantly burn us.

If it wasn't that, it was Hunter robbing homers in CF or running over Jamie Burke.

Oh, and Carlos Gomez, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
That has been the case since 2001, and, before that, the late 80's, early 90's.

I miss Paciorek saying Tom Kelly's "working himself up into a lather." Or Hawk going on and on about Brad Radke, Johan Santana, Corey Koskie, Christian Guzman, Doug Mientkiewicz, Luis Rivas and how good they were defensively....and all those outfielders and random players like Lew Ford or Denny Hocking or Matt Lecroy or Albert Blanco who would constantly burn us.

If it wasn't that, it was Hunter robbing homers in CF or running over Jamie Burke.

Oh, and Carlos Gomez, haha.

I just plain miss Tom Paciorek.

On an unrelated note, do you think there's anyone anywhere who has John Danks on their fantasy baseball team?

Edited by BigEdWalsh