06/24 Sox at Pirahnas

Quin

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 24m24 minutes ago

The Twins are responsible for 17 of the 32 earned runs against Chris Sale this season.

Twins owning Sale.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Abreu is a B. He's not getting as many pitches to drive and he's being forced to be more aggressive trying to carry the team on his back. But he's almost at .300, at least coming into today. B-, at worst.

LaRoche C+ or B-.

Cmon. LaRoche is a D like everybody not named Abreu and maybe Beckham C or C-.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
Haha! Check out Sale's reaction to the question about the team's offense....

Hilarious. It's a historically bad offense. So boring it is beyond belief.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
Haha! Check out Sale's reaction to the question about the team's offense....

He was asked the exact same thing after his last start and he called it a stupid question. It's basically the reporter openly trolling him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
Cmon. LaRoche is a D like everybody not named Abreu and maybe Beckham C or C-.

He has one of the top walk rates in baseball and has a .750 OPS, and he's really not that far off his career stats for the first half of the season. He's struck out too much and hasn't been great by any means, but overall he's been an above average hitter. It's not really fair to lump him in with the rest of the bums on our team.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
He has one of the top walk rates in baseball and has a .750 OPS, and he's really not that far off his career stats for the first half of the season. He's struck out too much and hasn't been great by any means, but overall he's been an above average hitter. It's not really fair to lump him in with the rest of the bums on our team.

LaRoche is a C. He's about where he should be, but certainly no better.

Personally, Abreu is a C- for me. He's contributing better than anyone else but he's absolutely incredibly disappointing on the year so far.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
Will he hear boos during the 05 reunion ceremonies?

I can't believe it's already time for an 05 reunion. It actually makes me sad. I'd never have thought this team would turn to complete s*** with so few highlights since the glorious WS crown.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)

Personally, Abreu is a C- for me. He's contributing better than anyone else but he's absolutely incredibly disappointing on the year so far.

Definitely not completely defending Abreu because I feel the same way. But it'd be nice for him to have the 2014 1 and 2 hitters in front of him compared to this year's version. The offense would be so much better obviously.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
But hey, they finally got Ozzie to agree to officially return July 17th-19th for the 2005 Reunion weekend.

One thing to look forward to over the remainder of the season.

Rumor is so he can also be named interim manager.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)

He's still a B to me, but the lack of power over the last 600 AB's is incredibly concerning. I'd move him in a second.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
Saw that Eaton run down the line. Originally I thought it was just him not running through the bag, but wow, that was so much more suck.

Shuck should start tomorrow.

It's appropriate that suck, Shuck and the White Sox all go together this season.

At least last year was entertaining with Sale and Abreu...this year, it's hard to find anything positive other than Rodon getting experience and overcoming his growing pains (hopefully).

But it's still a lot more fun for fans when it's a rookie hitter like Beckham playing well like the first 4 months of 2009 after he was recalled.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...lack-hustle-hit

That play with Eaton was so egregious it merited its own article and response from Ventura.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
He's still a B to me, but the lack of power over the last 600 AB's is incredibly concerning. I'd move him in a second.

"Lack" and "incredibly concerning" are overstatements. .201 ISO over the last calendar year (636 PA's) is 24th of 130 qualifiers. Not elite, but the overall offensive package has been.