2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
I liked what I saw out of Hinostroza, but he'll be back up at some point this season. Excited to see what Kero can do.

Getting a look at what these young kids can do this year (Baun, Hinostroza, Kero, Dano eventually) will give the Hawks options for next year.

I think Bickell, Shaw, and Garbutt will be gone next year if these kids do anything positive. Maybe even Kruger gone as well with Danault in the pipeline (recovering from hip surgery)

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
Getting a look at what these young kids can do this year (Baun, Hinostroza, Kero, Dano eventually) will give the Hawks options for next year.

I think Bickell, Shaw, and Garbutt will be gone next year if these kids do anything positive. Maybe even Kruger gone as well with Danault in the pipeline (recovering from hip surgery)

you bring up a very interesting point.

i like to think that the hawks, now esp in the beginning of the season, can give this young players some seasoning by playing in nhl games. esp if they hold there own this new kid coming up, he is real skilled according to his profiles, the hawk have him, some new blood will need to start replacing some of the older players, esp in the playoff if their is an injury.

it is a win - win situation. he is 23 yr old, played in the mens league in sweden and he is ready to play in the nhl.

i really hate to say this, Stan should really try to trade mcneil with danault in a pkg with a hard to trade player.... hell even throw in a draft pick

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 11:19 AM)
you bring up a very interesting point.

i like to think that the hawks, now esp in the beginning of the season, can give this young players some seasoning by playing in nhl games. esp if they hold there own this new kid coming up, he is real skilled according to his profiles, the hawk have him, some new blood will need to start replacing some of the older players, esp in the playoff if their is an injury.

it is a win - win situation. he is 23 yr old, played in the mens league in sweden and he is ready to play in the nhl.

i really hate to say this, Stan should really try to trade mcneil with danault in a pkg with a hard to trade player.... hell even throw in a draft pick

McNeil yes, Danault no. Danault might replace Kruger next year if Kruger gets too expensive.

The only hard player on this team that is difficult to trade is Bickell.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
McNeil yes, Danault no. Danault might replace Kruger next year if Kruger gets too expensive.

The only hard player on this team that is difficult to trade is Bickell.

don't take this the wrong way.

any player who the hawks feel they will not be able to unload, it is a way of sweetening the pot.

for this discussion, i will use bickell, one of my 3 players i would like to unload.

mcneil, danault, bickell and if needed a 2 rounder.

the idea is to

a. get bickell and his 4 mil off the books,

b. open space on the team for some player knocking on the door.

for this discussion, i really like Tik and i will think he will do fine.

is it an over payment..... hell yeah, but it is needed to get that team to eat 4 mil.

now to find a team who would want to help the 3 x SC winning team.....

this reminds me of the ice cube in hell cliche'

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
The Blackhawks were picked as the #2 best fan base by Forbes, trailing the Pittsburgh Penguins? Really?

http://www3.forbes.com/business/the-nhls-best-fans/10/

Why wouldn't the Blues fan be #1? If Cardinals fans are the best in the world across all sports, wouldn't the majority of Blues fans be made up of those chosen-ones?

if i remember correctly, when bill wirtz passed, the hawks were really not doing well. actually if i remember correctly the nhl league wasn't doing well.

the main point to remember is, am i remembering correctly. with that disclaimer, there was a short snippet of how the hawks needs to rebound, partly b/c of the hawks being a legend, partly b/c of the original six and b/c of the loyalty of the fans.

well the history and the results are evident of the blackhawks resurgence as well as the league and yea the individual team.

that is why i was surprise at the hawks being #2.... but i love the fact that other teams are #1.... it is spreading the wealth and excitement of what is hockey.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
if i remember correctly, when bill wirtz passed, the hawks were really not doing well. actually if i remember correctly the nhl league wasn't doing well.

the main point to remember is, am i remembering correctly. with that disclaimer, there was a short snippet of how the hawks needs to rebound, partly b/c of the hawks being a legend, partly b/c of the original six and b/c of the loyalty of the fans.

well the history and the results are evident of the blackhawks resurgence as well as the league and yea the individual team.

that is why i was surprise at the hawks being #2.... but i love the fact that other teams are #1.... it is spreading the wealth and excitement of what is hockey.

You think?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 08:20 PM)
Someone help me understand why Bickell is in for Teuvo today

Meh. It's game #10 and they hadn't scored a regulation goal in a week, no reason to get too upset about lineup changes. It's not like they sent him to Rockford.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
Meh. It's game #10 and they hadn't scored a regulation goal in a week, no reason to get too upset about lineup changes. It's not like they sent him to Rockford.

So sub the 21 year old for the guy who hasn't done a thing since June 2013. That will help the offense, as evidenced by tonight's game.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
So sub the 21 year old for the guy who hasn't done a thing since June 2013. That will help the offense, as evidenced by tonight's game.

You are right, I can't argue against that. Just given how sloppy and unfamiliar they have looked, I'm not gonna get too upset about Q playing blender with the lines at this point. But I will say Teuvo has to be back in the lineup after tomorrow night in Minnesota. Sending a "message" for one or two games is fine, but the kid needs to play.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 08:47 PM)
You are right, I can't argue against that. Just given how sloppy and unfamiliar they have looked, I'm not gonna get too upset about Q playing blender with the lines at this point. But I will say Teuvo has to be back in the lineup after tomorrow night in Minnesota. Sending a "message" for one or two games is fine, but the kid needs to play.

Here are the lines I'd like to see:

67-19-81

88-86-72

14-15-65

11-16-28

Give Kero a chance. Teuvo has some talent to play with. Anisimov can play anywhere and can play a bit of a checking C. Put Garbutt & Tikhonov where they belong

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)

Yes, Bickell being inserted made Hutchinson stand on his head. They wanted to have a little more size for one night, big deal.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
Hawks call up Hartman. Don't get the move unless this a trade is on the horizon or this pushes Bickell and Desjardins out of the line up to replace them with Teuvo and Hartman.

i don't know.... i am really confused by this move.

first i suspect that the hawks will not send down a 4 mil player to play or buried in the minors.

second, Tevo is struggling??? are the hawks trying to get that 3rd line engaged in the scoring or being a solid line?

ref the your idea of playing both while benching bick and desj.